Blue Slip Recieved

They have got to be kidding me... they said I sent too much money to my husband ,because I make so little ... My husbnad got denied for this - they want a statement from me stating why i sent him so much.... are they f'd in the head- it had been A LONG time , I want to be happy with my husband in america with me , i have 2 sick parents that would like a grandchild and Iwould love to have a child before as well...we have a ceremony prepared for spring here ... will he ever get his visa?!?!

are there many cases in which someone gets the blue slip and brings the required documents and actually gets their visa? they told him to cme back in 2 days after he brings the requested evidence.... is this how it works? :( <_< :D :angry:

Welcome to CFL

Sorry it is on such a sour note as a Blue slip, very few visas are ever outright denied. You will be able to overcome it and he will be able to get his visa.

What additional evidence exactly are they asking for?

Fill us in on what is requested and we will help.

Yes - it almost always works out that the beneficiary is given the visa.

If they are looking at deposits your husband made, he can document the source of those funds (if it was not you). Or a written explanation of how much and why the money was sent.

It is VERY frustrating to have some visa Officer tell you that your marriage is not real when you know better.

Best of luck to you both

Welcome to CFL

Sorry it is on such a sour note as a Blue slip, very  few visas are ever outright denied. You will be able to overcome it and he will be able to get his visa.

What additional evidence exactly are they asking for?

Fill us in on what is requested and we will help.

162154[/snapback]

They wanted me to write a statement as to why and how I was able to send him so much money. I sent him some money that I received from family members when we got married, Most american families do these, so I sent him under 2,000 usd over a 1 year period.

Do you think that he will be denied when he goes back for his results? what are the stats with receiving a blue then providing additional evidence and getting a yes?!

When preparing for he interview we tried to cover all ends for documents needed,etc even worried about his english but it turns out that he got the blue slip for something we never ever thought would be even an issue!! I literally felt faint for days after his blue slip. He trie to tell me not to worry but I am!!!

Write a letter yourself explaining where the money came from and if the money came form family members have them write letters also.

Blue slips are fairly common and I do not recall anyone not overcoming the blue slip and getting a Visa.

Relax, get your letters together and sent to him so he can give the evidence back to them they will review it and if it answers there questions they will give him his visa. So write good letters explaining it all and like I said before have your family members write also.

<<They wanted me to write a statement as to why and how I was able to send him so much money. I sent him some money that I received from family members when we got married, Most american families do these, so I sent him under 2,000 usd over a 1 year period.>>

How did the VO knows how much money you sent? That's weird. Two thousand bucks is puny amount these days. What's the VO been smoking?, I wonder.

Maybe there are other reasons.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
<<They wanted me to write a statement as to why and how I was able to send him so much money. I sent him some money that I received from family members when we got married, Most american families do these, so I sent him under 2,000 usd over a 1 year period.>>

How did the VO knows how much money you sent?  That's weird.  Two thousand bucks is puny amount these days.  What's the VO been smoking?, I wonder.

162170[/snapback]

If it was sent from the Chinese benificiary to the American petitioner, it would show up on his bank statements. This might be interpreted as the benificiary paying the petitioner to marry her/him and then get divorced after the green card is received.

Try to document the source of the money as best you can.

How did the VO knows how much money you sent?0„2 That's weird.0„2 Two thousand bucks is puny amount these days.0„2 What's the VO been smoking?, I wonder.

162170[/snapback]

If it was sent from the Chinese benificiary to the American petitioner, it would show up on his bank statements. This might be interpreted as the benificiary paying the petitioner to marry her/him and then get divorced after the green card is received.

Try to document the source of the money as best you can.

162171[/snapback]

I am an america US citizin , got married in china to my husband, I sent him money via bank transfer, I guess they see it from my bank records?!? I am not too sure I am going to have to ask him...

I am just worried that they will deny him again... maybe because they did not like him? he went to the chinese VO. anybody been to her?

GZ is certainly on a blue slip binge again. I wonder if they just got a bunch of new overzealous VOs in.

A good example of why you shouldn't present money given your SO as evidence of relationship. It doesn't prove a valid relationship. It only proves you gave money to the beneficiary.

It should be fairly easy to overcome. Get a copy of the blue slip and any other papers were given with it so you know exactly what it is they want. Next write a letter explaining where the money came from and why. I would also get statements from the people who gave you the money explaining why.

Excepting the recent two blue slips attributed to third party issues, here is where the compilation concerning the past 3 years blue slips are; excepting one who is pending, (another third party issue) all have been overcome.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11959

I think we did have someone who had this problem as well, mixed with other problems.

I would also follow warpedbored's advice, it sounds like this can be dealt with.

As others have said, blue slips are not outright denials but a "request" for more information. Most people provide the information, and the visa is eventually issued.

The issue of money transfers usually is not a major problem. I'd venture to say that most of us sent money to our SO's during the visa process. I did, and it was never brougt up. But, most of us are US men. Your case is a little different in that you are a US woman sending money to a Chinese man, and as sexist as it might sound, I could see a VO wondering why you would be doing this.

Continuing Carl's recommendation... I'd go as far as breaking down (to the best of memory--if you even know it), who gave what...

But, as most everyone is saying, this is something you should be able to overcome with a very high degree of certainty... even if you are denied again, stick with it, give overcome evidence again and usually by the third one everyone gets the visa.

It may be, as cold as it appears that they try to see who will really 'stick it out' through this process to the end. Show them you will .. even if it means a trip to China to become part of that 'overcome evidence' with your face !