I'm mad as hell

Now I know I have no right to bitch considering the extreme dalays that some CFL members have gone through and I do acknowledge that I am one of the lucky ones that already has my SO here. But in spite of it all, something needs to be said.

WTF is the matter with the L.A. District Office!?!?!?!?!?!?

Look at this timeline and tell me if I have the right to be pissed off.

6-25 file I-485

7-15 L.A. now processing cases from March 29 (4 month wait)

8-15 L.A. now processing cases from April 1 (progressed TWO WHOLE DAYS since their last post a month ago)

9-15 L.A. now processing cases from April 25 (back to normal almost)

10-19 (today) L.A. now processing cases from APRIL 1

WHAT HAPPENED TO MOST OF APRIL THAT THEY PROCESSED ALREADY???

Did they decide to do them over again?

Did they find a time machine and go back in time?

Is it a typo and they meant to post May 1 (which means they progressed a week of cases in the last calender month)

If I ever calm down I'm gonna write a letter to them and ask them WTF they are doing with the I-485 petitions!!!!

I realize that they are a govt agency and as such are required to spend a disproportional amount of time with their head up their butt, but come on. How in the hell can they go backwards?!?!?!?!?

Sorry for ranting. I'll go take a Valium and plan my attack letter!!!

:D :D :o :o :hug: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

Steve relax, you are trying to make sense out of something the government is doing. And if that isn't an exercise in futility I don't know what is.

A friend's SO arrived in L.A. last February. They filed the end of March in L.A. The interview was passed in mid August. Two weeks before getting the interview date they were told they had about a 3 month wait to go. So don't put much stock in what is said. You will know when you get your letter so sit back and relax til your number is called.

That said please remind me of this post in about 4 months. Monday I will start preparing the AOS papers. I figure I better have everything ready to mail by the time the expedited certified marriage certs come or :bangin:

Wow, thanks everyone. I feel a little better now, especially after hearing about NoUserName, a 9 month backtrack!!!!!

It does seem that they are reporting the oldest case in their files, and now I see it could be just one case that got delayed because of RFE's or wrong forms filled out of even "hits" that showed up from the biometrics!!

But even still, you think they would realize that if they have 200 cases dated in August and one case dated in March, it would be prudent to publish the fact that they are working on August cases . . .

Guess I'll go back to the normal SNAFU state of affairs in my life and get another (big) bag of cheetos and wait out the storm! :greenblob: :clapping: :clapping:

Here's a ditty that I hope'll cheer ya up, Steve! :huh:

~To the tune of the great ballad by Johnny Paycheck:

B)

Take this app and file it,

I want my wife's greencard.

My money's been paid,

And there's no reason to stay 'cause we been workin' so damn hard.

You better not to try to stand in our way,

As we're walkin' out that door.

Take this app and file it,

And go get my wife's greencard....B)

FWIW, I just looked up our 129-F status online. We filed in Feb of 04. As expected there has been absolutely no progress in our case. They will inform us as soon as a decision is made.

This would be unberable if it wern't for the fact that that Yue actually arrived here 9 months ago. I've decided the online thingy is specifically designed to frustrate us. Trust in the mail man. Oh... never mind. <_<

FWIW, I just looked up our 129-F status online.  We filed in Feb of 04. As expected there has been absolutely no progress in our case.  They will inform us as soon as a decision is made.

This would be unberable if it wern't for the fact that that Yue actually arrived here 9 months ago.  I've decided the online thingy is specifically designed to frustrate us.  Trust in the mail man.  Oh... never mind.  <_<

162145[/snapback]

:D :angry: :( Now THAT is really funny!! Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!!! :D :D

I don't suggest you tell them of their error - they might try to make you do the whole process over!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for cheering me up!!! :D B)