This sucks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to read about your delay.  I hope it works out quickly for you.

161808[/snapback]

I just want to give an update and share my experience with you all just my way of giving back to this very informative forum.

First of all, my wife got the VISA :rolleyes: We hired a law firm which has 2 offices above and below the embassy. For those of you who are just in the beginning of process, save your self troubles and hire a law firm. Had I hire them from the beginning, my wife would have been here at least more than 6 months ago. I had both CR1 & K3 in Guangzhou at the same time but they never process my K3. I found out that if a lawyer gets involve, they will process the k3.

In any case, I will give the update for those of you read my 1st post. After my wife got the blue slip, we hired the law firm. 2 days later, I received an email from the law firm detailing the overcome evidence that I need to collect. They also adviced me to take a trip to GuangZhou and do some traveling with my wife and take more pictures. There's a lot more than that in the email but not sure how useful my information be to you guys. Like they say, everyone's situation is different. To make a long story short, I got my ticket and spent about 3 weeks with my wife in GuangZhou. The first week was mostly traveling with my wife and taking pictures. I handed in the overcome to the law firm the 2nd week. They were pretty confident that getting my wife the VISA is not a problem as I have very complete overcome evidence. They were right, we got the VISA approval on the 3rd week. However, it was a little too tight to get a seat for my wife on my return flight. We were lucky enough to reserve a seat for her on different date and traveling with my relative. There are quite a few law firm that handles these kind of thing so you guys need to do you home work. We were lucky enough to pick the right one. The lawyer for this firm has been doing this for a long time. And if it means anything, the lawyer that deals directly with the consulate is American. The people that I come in direct contact with were very nice people too. I was just amazed how patiently they explain things to me with a smile at all time. Like I said, I won't be doing this again, but if I were some of the new guys here, I would hire a law firm to handle these things for me.

Well, good luck to all of you who are in the middle of it and sorry for the long post.

175935[/snapback]

Thanks for the post. We're happy you finally got through. Best wishes always in everything you do and everywhere you guys go!

Just talked to wife.  She got the blue slip.  Information are sketchy.  It seems like the officer has doubts about our marriage.  Something about that my previous marriage officially ended 6 months before I married my wife.  But what they didn't know was that the marriage was ended more than a year & a half before paper work and then that took another 6 months before they send you the official marriage ending paper.  Just hired a lawyer in Canton but their office is based in Seattle.  I hope this lawyer can help.  One thing the lawyer said stranged is that they kept all the pictures.  Argh!!!!!!!!!! This sucks big time.

:angry:

161635[/snapback]

Just hang in there and findout what information that they want and do your best to provide it to them .

We had a similar event and had NO problems overcoming the Blue slip .

As everyone Says there is not a Big problem when you provide for them the information they want .

We submitted almost the same Identical information but with a better and more lenghty explanation .

Also you will have a Different VO who will be doing the interview .

I made a trip to GUZ to make sure everything was right ,but the advantage was that I bought my SO back with me.

GOOD luck

Richard