Shanghai Visa Center Trouble?

I have purchased a pin number to call and find out the status of our visa..we sent the P3 back over a month ago.

I got to the correct place....message says you are next in line..then..

We are sorry but there are no English speaking CSRs available at this time. Please try back at a different time or choose another language. So I wanted 2 more hours and......the same thing.

Ummmm.....I have to pay for information I can't even get?? Anyone have this problem with the service?

I am confused. The title of your thread says Shanghai visa center. Most visas are processed in Guangzhou.

161610[/snapback]

I think the "Visa Information Call Center" is in Shanghai :huh:

Ummm  Randy are you suggesting COOPERATION between agencies?  Even agencies of the same area of government?  Good idea.

Yes the Guangzhou information is now retrieved through the Visa Center in Shanghai.  Any idea where to go next for infomation?

161623[/snapback]

The GUZ already enters information for the NVC on the computer - if this is the same information available to Shanghai, then we would be paying for information that is already available to us through the DOS phone lines.

This would make it VERY difficult to get help with a specific issue.

Ummm  Randy are you suggesting COOPERATION between agencies?  Even agencies of the same area of government?  Good idea.

Yes the Guangzhou information is now retrieved through the Visa Center in Shanghai.  Any idea where to go next for infomation?

161623[/snapback]

The GUZ already enters information for the NVC on the computer - if this is the same information available to Shanghai, then we would be paying for information that is already available to us through the DOS phone lines.

This would make it VERY difficult to get help with a specific issue.

161625[/snapback]

I have been calling the DOS and they seeem to have the information I have needed

It is

1. Free

2 They speak English

3 they are in America

4 So far they have been pleasant to deal with

why pay $ to a chinese company that does not speak English :blink: what a RipOFF

I certainly will try DOS. I have tried Shanghai again at 5PM their time and still receive the same answer...no English speaking CSRs available.

161690[/snapback]

I got the same message from the call center every time I call. I just held on line and an English speaking representative came on. Does it allow you to hold, or does it automatically hang you up?

It automatically hung up on me. But I did call DOS and they told me that Guangzhou had not entered my wife's P3 yet..even though she sent it a month ago. They said she should probably be preparing for a January interview date.

One thing I did notice was that they were not too famaliar with the Shanghai Visa Center....Hmmmm..... They asked why I was calling there instead of calling Guangzhou....Hmmmmm