Dissapointing News Package-4 Interview

Disappointing news. I just had to verify the information I had received yesterday about my wife's package 4 being sent out and an interview being scheduled for November 9th. So I called DOS, today the operator told me our second name check has been completed October 15th, and that no package 4 was sent out and no interview had been schedule. I was all ready scrambling to get everything in order, it was hard to believe, so I am glad I called before making too many plans. I don’t know were the November9th date came from but she got me going, false alarm. The visa I was told will be a K-3 turned CR-1, so I am still anxiously waiting.

Disappointing news. I just had to verify the information I had received yesterday about my wife's package 4 being sent out and an interview being scheduled for November 9th.  So I called DOS, today the operator told me our second name check has been completed October 15th, and that no package 4 was sent out and no interview had been schedule. I was all ready scrambling to get everything in order, it was hard to believe, so I am glad I called before making too many plans. I don’t know were the November9th date came from but she got me going, false alarm. The visa I was told will be a K-3 turned CR-1, so I am still anxiously waiting.

161515[/snapback]

Billy,

where did that info come from to begin with?

Disappointing news. I just had to verify the information I had received yesterday about my wife's package 4 being sent out and an interview being scheduled for November 9th.  So I called DOS, today the operator told me our second name check has been completed October 15th, and that no package 4 was sent out and no interview had been schedule. I was all ready scrambling to get everything in order, it was hard to believe, so I am glad I called before making too many plans. I don’t know were the November9th date came from but she got me going, false alarm. The visa I was told will be a K-3 turned CR-1, so I am still anxiously waiting.

161515[/snapback]

Billy,

where did that info come from to begin with?

161522[/snapback]

I had called DOS yesterday the operator did not seem to speak english that well or with an accent, so I had even ask her to repeat, but that is what she told me.

Never, ever trust anything DOS or GZ tells you. Never, ever.

Always verify both until you get the same answer. Then, the odds are it is the truth; or, at least better than 50/50.

161820[/snapback]

ditto this!

when my SO received packet 4, i called DOS to verify everything. and when i talked to the lady at DOS she said, "nope you there was no interview scheduled"

i said "are you sure?".

"yes, no interview scheduled."

then i said that CANNOT be b/c edith had received packet 4 IN HAND... the DOS lady then said, "hmm, let me check again... oh... ok... i see... yes, you are right. the interview is scheduled".

you gotta love it... :D

just prod and pry... don't let DOS give you the easy answer!

ps - once the DOS lady found it, she made some comment that was "not looking at right screen" ... ???

I found DOS was better in giving the correct information. However I had to call several times to talk to different people, and get the correct information from someone who knows how to find the information. Certainly and without a doubt, there are a few ding-dongs in DOS too. In comparison, GUZ's replies to my emails were worthless.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)