The beat goes on...

We must continue to pressure these guys, and we can't have a repeat a month ago when they kept feeding us the "2 weeks" crap and we fell for it and we had a "silence period of 2 weeks".

Granted good news has been relayed lately, but we must continue to raise our voices, until we see actual visas being stamped.

When is that new phone service going to be implemented in GZ? I'm wasting minutes getting only the message recording.

I wouldn't count on this happening any time soon as Richard Adams mentioned on the day we met with him that he had just signed the check to pay for the current service. So I wouldn't expect this to change until the current quarter is over. This might be a good issue to write GZ about, however. If enough people echo what Owen and I said about the phone service, it will help him "remember" this aspect of our conversation and not to forget to take action.

I would concur that it is good to keep the pressure on, especially at this time. Although we have received news of clearances being sent to GZ, it is important that we keep in mind that all these batches of clearances include not only old cases, but instead, are largely made up of recently interviewed applicants who got the "white slip", as well as many cases that have not yet been interviewed. We cannot be lulled to sleep yet. There has been progress, but don't count your case solved until you see a visa in the passport.

When is that new phone service going to be implemented in GZ? I'm wasting minutes getting only the message recording.

Better yet, and more importantly, DOS system is still screwed up after Caball said she was on top of it!

Still calls are getting dropped - 20 - 30 minutes of phone time I can just go out and throw in my front yard - dammit!!! :angry: :huh:

Mick I know what you are saying, I have already sent 2 emails to GZ to ask when Ella' EMS will be sent to her, but still no response.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis & Shanghai

Emails wont' get answered guy, trust me...we've sent over ten now in a months' period - NO RESPONSE!

Leave us alone and you'll get your visa in two weeks? uh huh!

Guest Snowbeast

Better yet, and more importantly, DOS system is still screwed up after Caball said she was on top of it!

Still calls are getting dropped - 20 - 30 minutes of phone time I can just go out and throw in my front yard - dammit!!! :( ;)

I've been trying to get through to DOS info line all week with no luck! I'm going to get through tomorrow or else! I'm just trying to confirm the theory that clearance does not show up for DOS until it is entered by GZ. If this is true, I should be able to find out what day GZ enters it. But getting through to that line is worse than it ever has been for me. I used to be able to get through relatively easily betwen 4:00 and 5:00 in the afternoon. Now I can't get through at any time of the day! Also, I don't know if 663-1292 really goes strait into the queue, but if it does, using that number will save your minutes. All I ever get is busy when calling that number--even at night. I'm going to continue to alternate trying to use it though.know i

I would concur that it is good to keep the pressure on, especially at this time. Although we have received news of clearances being sent to GZ, it is important that we keep in mind that all these batches of clearances include not only old cases, but instead, are largely made up of recently interviewed applicants who got the "white slip", as well as many cases that have not yet been interviewed. We cannot be lulled to sleep yet. There has been progress, but don't count your case solved until you see a visa in the passport.

didn't someone said today or yesterday that a phone call to CA gave the impression that now all the backlogged cases were in GZ?

How much truth to that in your opinion?

didn't someone said today or yesterday that a phone call to CA gave the impression that now all the backlogged cases were in GZ?

How much truth to that in your opinion?

All I can say is that as of Monday the 10th, when Owen and I were there, all backlogged cases were not in GZ. And further, just because a case is "in GZ", that does not mean it has been cleared. Again as I have stated in other posts, the cases in GZ have codes like NR, DD, H, E, and a few others. All these cases are "in GZ" but only those with NR are cleared. DD means duplicate, and E means error. Obviously, they deal with getting out the NR cases first. I think the E means something doesn't jive in the entry and it will have to be reentered and resubmitted. In effect, and this is only my speculation, E is a data entry error.

Now the info from CA/DOS may be more recent than what I have. All I can say is how things were when we were at the Consulate on Feb. 10. :greenblob: