OMG freak out.

Man, i have been looking all over the web for this. I know the photo requirements have changed, from standard passport photos to straight on photo. Is there a requirement on size of pictue? If i send the wrong size, even if its just a little this way or that, will it slow anything down?Anyone have a link please, my wife is pretty sure were missing something and she is much smarter than i am. =) Mailing I129F Monday

Thanks guys,

The pictures of my SO were not 2'' x 2'' (they were narrower) but they were front-face type pictures, white background, etc. I sent those with my I-130 and I-129F and the 129F already got approved and is now at the NVC. That makes me think it's not that big of a deal, but not sure if it will cause problem later on.

It does raise a point though. Where do you go in China to get 2'' x 2'' style pictures? My understanding is that this is not so easy to get in China and that the pictures there are just a different format. I'm just thinking ahead about the P3 and P4 packets where pictures also need to be included.

The format in China is not 2" x 2" for their docs (never married, birth certificate, etc.). My SO isn't from a big city but the photo places there can and will do 2" x 2" pics. If your SO can't find a place in her hometown then don't panic. I didn't have 2" x 2" pics for the petition and the lawyer said that I could use the smaller photos. The petition was approved and my SO's interview is on the 20th of this month. I would say if your SO can get it then don't take chances in sending the smaller pics.

When you do go to GUZ for the exam and interview those passport pictures MUST be 2" x 2".

The format in China is not 2" x 2" for their docs (never married, birth certificate, etc.). My SO isn't from a big city but the photo places there can and will do 2" x 2" pics. If your SO can't find a place in her hometown then don't panic. I didn't have 2" x 2" pics for the petition and the lawyer said that I could use the smaller photos. The petition was approved and my SO's interview is on the 20th of this month. I would say if your SO can get it then don't take chances in sending the smaller pics.

When you do go to GUZ for the exam and interview those passport pictures MUST be 2" x 2".

159384[/snapback]

thanks guys, very much. you all are invaluable. better than paying 2k for a lawyer lol. when my baby wakes up i'll talk to her about mailing 2x2 inch pictues and wait . just a few days , i guess its better than sending the wrong pictures then getting in the bind that may follow.

Take the photos you have into a photo shop and get them made to the specs you want :huh:

159395[/snapback]

Hey Gene, ok this begs the question. do i need the negative to do that? are you saying i can take the off size pictues i already have and have them made larger? oh that would save some time indeed, i'll check into it monday, thank you.

when i mailed the i-130, i sent the 2x1.5 inc pictues with the package. i'll just have to see if they ding me on it. lol

/wave

Take the photos you have into a photo shop and get them made to the specs you want :huh:

159395[/snapback]

Hey Gene, ok this begs the question. do i need the negative to do that? are you saying i can take the off size pictues i already have and have them made larger? oh that would save some time indeed, i'll check into it monday, thank you.

when i mailed the i-130, i sent the 2x1.5 inc pictues with the package. i'll just have to see if they ding me on it. lol

/wave

159397[/snapback]

Yes, just take the photo, don't need the negative, into a photo shop that does enlargements and so forth. I had that done for my new sons photos they were 1.5 X1.5 but the face was the right size so I had them enlarge the size without enlarging the figure in the picture......does that make sense :huh:

anyway worked just fine.. there both here no problems

jtaylo69's link has the effective date changes for passport photos.

I don't think a slightly different size is that important for the petition.. if you already sent it , don't sweat it.

The picture put on my SOs birth certificate was like 2x1.5 .

At one time, I had her email me the pics, and the general sizes were wrong since she was too far away from the camera. I told her (again) what the requirements were and after that, she was always able to get the proper picture. My sense was it is not difficult to get the proper size once they understand it.