Why only immigration visa need name check

Guest davidwu_66

Why only immigration visa need name check while nonimmigration not(at least in China is true)? but I think the 911 terrorists used the nonimmigration visa to enter US.

All non-immigrant visas require the new security check including K-1 and K-3 non-immigrant visas. :o :huh:

no, they only conduct security checks for non-immigrant cases randomly. As a matter of fact, most the of non-immigrant visa applicants are getting their visas around 1 hour after the interview.

K-1 and K-3 visas are non-immigrant visas. :o :P

I know the distinction of whether a K-1 or K-3 is an Immigrant or Non-Immigrant causes confusion.

K-1s and K-3s are immigrant visas. GZ lists them as IV, and DOS lists them as IV. And it makes sense, K-1s and K-3s are people that are immigrating to the U.S. to live, not for a temporary stay.

I have seen this confusion on the other boards a while back. Whatever the case, I just want my fiancee to get her visa.

:o

no, they only conduct security checks for non-immigrant cases randomly. As a matter of fact, most the of non-immigrant visa applicants are getting their visas around 1 hour after the interview.

K-1 and K-3 visas are non-immigrant visas. :o :P

Yes. They are techincally non-immigrant visas. But, hey, you know better than anyone else that they are different from other non-immigrant.

I know the distinction of whether a K-1 or K-3 is an Immigrant or Non-Immigrant causes confusion.

K-1s and K-3s are immigrant visas. GZ lists them as IV, and DOS lists them as IV. And it makes sense, K-1s and K-3s are people that are immigrating to the U.S. to live, not for a temporary stay.

I have seen this confusion on the other boards a while back. Whatever the case, I just want my fiancee to get her visa.

:o

You are right.

http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html

;)

You are right.

http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html

The new K and V visas were instituted about a year and a half ago to allow the fiance or spouse to come to the states on this non-immigrant visa to finish applying for immigrant status. There seems to be some confusion in these new visas. Also, all non-immigrant visas are required the background check and my understanding is it usually only takes 10 to 14 days to complete. For some reason, DOJ is holding up the background checks in China. Many businesses are now complaining to Congress about the hold ups for their business, academic, and scientific colleagues. :P :o

I believe that the confusion comes from the DOS which has been confused for a long time. In some places they have referred to them as Immigrant and some places Non-immigrant. I think (guessing) that the main difference is that the non-immigrant visas are for a set period of time which would include the K-1. But the DOS has figured out that most K-1s and K-3s stay here. (wow!) so they started treating them as immigrant eventho officially they may be non. Perhaps K-2, K-4 has always been immigrant as they do not have the requirement for marriage to take place before the visa expires.