K-1; K-2 her son turns 18!

Help!

It's bad enough lamenting with Jesse  (and others) about the wait.  However, it looks like by the time my Fiance does receive the P-3 paperwork her son, who is listed as a K-2, will have turned 18 reaching adulthood.

Is this going to be one more nightmare chapter?  I anticipated having to update much of the financial info...etc.  My Fiance will have to get all her paperwork redone - since she jumped the gun in excitement and had it all propared in anticipation of receiving the P-3.  Will I be able to bring him over at the same time?

Mr. NAI XIN Himself,

Phil

159120[/snapback]

Phil Phil Phil!!!

Now my man Phil... you know your Chinese nephew turned 18 during all this immigration hub bub August 21 and he is K-2. The rule was un-married and under 21.

From what I understand, if he was 18 when the petition was filed (either I-129f of I-130) then, that child would need a separate catagory of visa, probably relative visa.

Eric

Guest ShaQuaNew
Help!

It's bad enough lamenting with Jesse  (and others) about the wait.  However, it looks like by the time my Fiance does receive the P-3 paperwork her son, who is listed as a K-2, will have turned 18 reaching adulthood.

Mr. NAI XIN Himself,

Phil

159120[/snapback]

Phil, my SO's daughter turned 15 today. When I first filed in early June I never thought for an instant that her aging out would be a concern. But, now it seems we are on the virge of breaking all records for the longest wait for a K1 NOA2. After months of extended delays I believe the US government has seen its better days and is unable to stand behind the civil liberties of its citizens and their families. Freedom? What freedom?

Despite their abuse, my SO and I brought in the new year believing that this will be OUR year. Not because we believe US officials will get off their asses and make a decision, but because of our love for one another. We have only dealt with severe administrative torture, where others have survived far worse by following US legal protocol.

So, go ahead USCIS. While your body blows have an affect, we have saved a big uppercut for you. We are happy despite you..... :D