Long Wait...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jesse, I know exactly where you're coming from with this. Try to get back to see her as often as possible.

This process sucks a big wet one... it's underfunded, understaffed and is cruel to honest, sincere USCs that simply want to have their family under one roof.

Hang in there guy.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

This process sucks a big wet one... it's underfunded, understaffed and is cruel to honest, sincere USCs that simply want to have their family under one roof.

Hang in there guy.

158786[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth!! I am building my vacation back up again and hope to visit China early next year. Rather holding off though cuz I'd like to be bringing her and her daughter back at that time. But, as you know you can't make plans.....

Gene....very true, there is a big mix of petitions that move through in the space that we are now involved. I just do my best to avoid the pessimistic horror show of thinking that our petition will end up in a dust heap. This quiet right now is deafening. To hear something would be wonderful now....

You two would treasure each other more because of the long wait.

158780[/snapback]

I once said to my mother regarding an out-of-town girlfriend many years ago "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." She quipped "out of sight, out of mind!" :P

Truly, I know for me, and for her both that we have found the 'one' and there is nothing in this world that will change that..... :)

158782[/snapback]

Both [opposite] sayings are quite interesting..

Like "birds of a feather flock together"; "opposites attract"/ "like repels"...

My SO always had a very, very difficult time whenever I would leave China, since the memories are fresh. Time [physically] apart actually healed her from this, and eventually got to a point of 'not thinking' about it as much.

Sometimes she would say, "I wait so long" and it had that sound of sad, puppy dog eyes.. and I'd say, "I know, we have to wait. I don't like it either"... and then she'd say, "Nothing, nothing" and change the topic.

No need to act like the sadness is wrong... I like to acknowledge it when it comes up. Agree with it. Then we moved on together...

Ours took 13 months. The most frustrating thing was waiting for the NOA2 for both our I-130 (five months) and I-129f (seven months). The I-129f was the one that ended up counting, because it got to Guangzhou first and established our place in line. Our interview ended up being CR-1, though.

We just got caught in a particularly slow time for the USCIS. Processing for both forms had pretty much stopped completely when we filed. It was maddening.

Anyway, after such a long wait for the NOA2, the rest of the process didn't seem too bad. Because our times at the NVC and in customs at Guangzhou were relatively short, and our time in queue at Guangzhou was maybe shorter than some had been in the past, our timeline still came out somewhere in the neighborhood of average, though probably a little on the high side. One thing I am thankful for is that her interview was exceedingly easy -- they asked very few questions and didn't look at a single bit of our evidence, though we had plenty on hand (pounds of it -- I know because for many blocks I lugged the suitcase that contained it.) I just don't know how, after waiting so long, we could have handled a denial and having to go through another ordeal to overcome. Although we would have persevered.

Anway, if there is a point to my post, it is that you are in good company -- many of us here have experienced long delays, and all of us have waited longer than we would have liked. Your case does not appear unusual, and it is likely to even out to a fairly average timeline.

I like to remind myself that whether my case took nine months or 11 months or 15 months, the difference is not a huge one (though those months feel reallllllyy loooong at the time).

Jesse,

I looked at your timeline and it seems we are together on time with it so yes I feel the same as you. I would give anything if this process would go fast but it won't. :( hang in there with me and maybe between the two of us we can make it.There is a lot of wonderful people on this web site and that seems to help me through this. if you need anything just ask me and I will do what i can.May God bless us all that waits. :(

Yours,

Dan M :P

Sha Gua

We spent over 14 months in the process. The only thing that made it bearable is spending a few hours a day on line and knowing that EVENTUALLY, we will be together.

Luckily for us our timeline was on par most of the way - I would have really flipped out if people a few months behind us went before us . . . .

Either way, you have little choices here. If you can go there in the middle of the wait, that might make it easier. If you cannot, just try to be patient and spend a lot of time on line - it's the next best thing, - especially with webcams and mics!

Good luck!

Jesse:

Look at Ed's timeline above.  We both applied at the same time.  I'm still in New Hampshire and he is closing in on victory.

My reply:  I'm just damn happy for Ed!

Phil

158921[/snapback]

Thanks Phil, Ying and I have been very lucky in the process so far. We were damn happy to get through Nebraska in 90 days. I have everything crossed that GUZ will not deliver a nasty surprise at the end - I don't even like to think about it.

I was in similar situation to Paul, the longer wait was for meeting conditions to file the I-129F. We are at 2 + years now, gosh I hope she gets the visa.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. The space between each approval and event can be challenging to all of us.

I noticed that a few of you posting here have yet to add your timeline to your signature block. I encourage everyone to take a moment and do that. Even those that have already completed the process so that everyone can see.

usanalyst

danmuss

philb

ed and ying

While it's exciting to see others success, it's also heart wrenching to see others moving through the process much more quickly.

We are both happy, but VERY disappointed in this hurtful system. We are GOOD people, in love, and want to be together. Today is just a hard day for us both.

Jesse,

I just wanted to pick out a couple of points you made in your original post.

The first point, in quotes, I know that feeling all too well. I'm sure that others here felt it too.

It's not a good feeling but I think it makes a couple's love and devotion stronger.

Don't dwell on the wait too much, because you too, one day, will be posting about your SO's successful interview. It eventually gets to us all. So try to take the wait in stride. Of course, it doesn't hurt to talk about it or to blow off a little steam.

The second quote; we all have been there too. The good thing is that you're at a place where all of us, in one way or the other, has had to endure the same thing. That should give you some comfort in knowing this.

I just wanted to throw some words of encouragement out there for you.

I guess I'm feeling a little "sappy" this morning!...:)

-Hang in There!

Guest ShaQuaNew

I guess I'm feeling a little "sappy" this morning!...:P

-Hang in There!

158948[/snapback]

Thanks :) I too get a little sappy when I think about how much more difficult this would all be without Candle.....

I noticed that a few of you posting here have yet to add your timeline to your signature block. I encourage everyone to take a moment and do that. Even those that have already completed the process so that everyone can see.

158944[/snapback]

Good idea Jesse - done. (Yours will go much faster than mine - I was stuck in the original name check black hole. For some reason my wife's name check had to be done twice).

Looking back now, it seems like the time went by very quickly - but at the time it seemed VERY slow.

But the waiting time most assuredly will end. And the result will most definitely be worth the wait.

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

I guess I'm feeling a little "sappy" this morning!...:P

-Hang in There!

158948[/snapback]

Thanks :) I too get a little sappy when I think about how much more difficult this would all be without Candle.....

158949[/snapback]

I understand your anxiety. I have one trick which might help:

Think of a large project (remodeling your house, for example; knitting your husband 10 sweaters, etc.). Consider it to have to be finished before you finally get together. Then you will start worring about not being able to complete your project, and complain that time pass too fast. This trick worked wonders for myself.

On the other hand, get ready for your next steps.

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)