EAD difficulties

Ying and I have been waiting 3 months already since completing biometrics to receive the EAD. My understanding is that normally within one month after the biometrics the EAD should be received.

I recently mailed a photo copy of the originally application to USCIS. They sent back a form letter saying that no faxes or letters are being accepted for inquiries. The only source for information is the 800 number which is always backlogged. When I finally spoke to a case worker, they said it was necessary for my wife to be on the phone also with an interpreter. All I want to know if the the EAD was lost in the mail or delayed for another reason. This is turning into a real joke.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this?

Ken :blink:

Yepper, I know what you mean. Jingwen's and the kids' EADs were pending for 90 days - nothing. I finally got on the phone with the 1-800 people. When they asked to speak to Jingwen, I gave her the second phone so I could listen in. They asked if she was Jingwen. As she spoke virtually no English at the time, she looked to me as I nodded my head. She answered "yes". A couple of other questions and a few head nods got through the "verification" process. When I finally got back on the line, we were instructed to go to the USCIS local office with a copy of the I-797 showing receipt more than 90 days ago. We went down without an appointment (no InfoPass at the time), got in line, and were issued temporary EADs on the spot.

It took us a little over one month to get EAD after biometrics (see my timeline). I suggest you to go to the USCIS website and verify your case status online, you need to enter your case #, at least you could find out if it was approved, and it will shed some light as if the problem deals with the EAD being lost in the mail. Good luck.

WOW.  Why so long?  We applied for EAD (and got it) the same day we went to the DesMoines office to apply for AOS.  OR, are all of you stuck so long because you have to go thru that new lockbox crap?

159000[/snapback]

Same with us. They had to take a system that was working well and screw it up.