interview date but no P4

I found out through calling DOS that my fiance has an interview on October 27. She has not yet received P4. She sent an email requesting that another packet be sent to her and in the meantime is filling out the forms vis download. Is there anything else that we should be doing. DOS told me that there is no tracking number that they know of.

Her 16 year old daughter is planning on following her mother to US after she finishes this school year. My reading suggests that the daughter can follow the mother within a year with no problems. Is this correct? Is the plan to follow straight forward or are there pitfalls to avoid? Will the daughter have to go to GUZ for interview prior to leaving China.

also I do not know how to post timeline on this forum

197 days from P1 to interview

thanks for your input.

Congratulations on getting the interview date, but it is very important that you get that P4. Your fiancee will likely not be allowed into the consulate without her appointment letter which is contained in the P4. I think a few others had to follow up with GZ to get the P4, so keep on top of them to make sure she gets it.

On the follow to join question for the daughter, did you list the daughter in the I-129F that you filed with USCIS? Also, did she receive her own P3? If so, chances are good that she will be expected to attend the interview with her mom and complete all the forms, etc. If she is interviewed and receives a K-2, she will have 6 months within which to use it or lose it.

If she is not planning on going to GZ with her mom for the interview, make sure GZ knows this. If this is the case, she will have one year from the date her mom's visa was issued to get hers. And, yes, she will probably have to go to GZ for a separate interview and complete all the forms, etc., just like her mom did.

Maybe others with actual "follow to join" experience can correct any of my errors.

:cheering: Congratulations on Interview Date :clapping:

If you want to put a timeline in your signature. Go to the header on the main screen and find "My Controls" click on it, then click on the signature section on the right lower section of that screen and input timeline there.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
:) CONGRATULATIONS ON INTERVIEW DATE :D

158264[/snapback]

my fiance has emailed GUZ to ask them to resend P4. In the meantime she is fillout in the forms that she has access to on the internet.

Her daughter would like to finish her school year in China which would put her past the 6 month time period. I know that none of the parties involved would want her daughter to go to GUZ alone.

I have tried to find specific references for K2 issues but I have not been able to find any. Can anyone direct me to specific K2 guidelines. thanks