Just filed papers to INS>

Hey guys. A year ago, my friend in my town who is from china, asked me some questions about my single life, why I didnt have a girl friend etc etc, did I have anyone. A few weeks after that, he told me his best friend in china's daughter was single he thought it would be neat if we met. He gave me a picture and a letter of introduction from her. We got in contact and well, a year later I flew to china and married her. When I was in china I compiled about .5 gigs of pictures and videos of us together with her family. We got copies of everything, and I mean everything. Divorce papers, wedding certificate copies, our wedding pictures. So now i'm waiting for the receipt from the I-130 I sent out 2 nearly 3 weeks ago. When I get that I will promptly make a copy of the receipt and send the I-129F for K-3 visa. Do you guys think we have a chance of bringing her to the usa in a resonable time? Her and I truily love each other and its pain to be seperated from her, we really are tender for each other. Thanks, I have read a lot on this blog site and I have some ideas but I thought i'd ask. Oh the guy how introduced us , also wrote a 3 page letter with supporting pictures of him and my father working in his workshop as evidence. Thats a lot better then just meeting on the internet right?

Edited by hunter (see edit history)

Welcome to CFL. You will find that this site will be extremely valuable to you and your wife over the next year or so. That is the bad news, it takes 12 months and some are going 16 months. It has been a year since I filed the I-129 and we have at least 2 months and maybe 3 months yet to go. You can look through the site, most of us have our time lines on there. you will learn a lot from those time lines. Good luck to you and your wife and again Welcome....

:rolleyes: Welcome Aboard :D

It took us 13 months, about average. Plan on making a few trips to visit, besides keeping you sane, it looks good to the VO for the interview.

Get a phone card that keeps a history, Like onesuite.com and hookup one of the web/cam chats, it all helps.

Many people here met on the internet and did not have any problems because of that. But basicly anything that can support the fact of a true relationship will help.

Welcome to CFL!

You seem to have plenty of evidence of your relationship, which is good.

I don't think meeting through friends of from the internet makes much of a difference nowadays. Most of the people at CFL have meet through the internet with no problems.

The wait time for a visa for a wife is running a few to several months longer than for fiancees, but it's too late to worry about that now.

Sit back, relax, plan your next visit or two to see your wife and watch your petition get processed at an excrutiatingly slow process!!! :rolleyes:

Welcome to CFL your one stop shopping place for marriage based visas as they pertain to China. Probably the single largest collective wisdom on the web for Sino American marriages.Kick back, prop up your feet and tear open a bag of Cheetos you have about a year to wait. How you met your wife will have no bearing on the speed of your visa. It takes as long as it takes. The consulate in Guangzhou could give a rats ass how you met. They only care if the relationship is valid. resign yourself to a long wait and as others have advised make as many trips to China as possible. A web cam and a microphone make the wait a little more bearable. For us it saved our sanity.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, that was overwelming =). Her and I spend great gobs of time, in the morning, and in the evenings on web video MSN chat. Your right, its the only thing that keeps me sane, I have to connect with her. At the moment she has taken a week off work to attend a english school and I dont have the web cam luxury, just email's. Makes me sad hehe, as my lovest says, and most wisely I might add... "we must wait the time"

ok, I dun like cheetos, will doritos work?

Yeah, I tell ya, this site has been so helpful. You guys have saved me a lot of time and money... At first, none of us have a clue about how to get through this. By the end, you will be an expert.

I use MSN Messenger to talk to my wife. It works really well. The audio quality is better than if I call her. We both have web cam's, so we can also see each other. We talk every day at 5:30 AM. Like they said, get a phone card. I use Pingo (it's like $0.035 per minute). I'm not sure if it logs the calls.

From first filing, to the interview for us, is about 9 months.

Thanks guys, that was overwelming =). Her and I spend great gobs of time, in the morning, and in the evenings on web video MSN chat. Your right, its the only thing that keeps me sane, I have to connect with her. At the moment she has taken a week off work to attend a english school and I dont have the web cam luxury, just email's. Makes me sad hehe, as my lovest says, and most wisely I might add... "we must wait the time"

ok, I dun like cheetos, will doritos work?

158215[/snapback]

I remember this time.... it seemed so long ago. I went to Shanghai last sept. to meet my SO... When I got back to the US, I started to get all the papers needed to file the K1. I used an attorney, mostly because my ex had an issue she was concerned with from a previous overstay, it really never came up. I think CFL would have been fine for us, but to have a person to respond to my calls was nice just the same. I filed the K1 or at least it was received nov 22. We were approved for the visa Sept. 7 ,... it takes a while, but most things that are worthwhile take time. Good luck