Any Estimates Base On My Timeline?

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I was hoping someone could possibly give me an estimate base on my timeline as when we will receive the P-4 and an interview date, any information would be appreciated. The consulate told me via email they hadn't received my hard copy two weeks ago, but it was released from DHL customs the 3rd week of September, I sent email today asking for a status update. The Package 3 for my K-3 was received August 23nd and verified, I have been notified the next day my last 3 emails. Does anyone know if the consulate will be closed during the holiday.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

GUZ doesn't even know.

This just in... My wife called and said she got the P4 today (10/1) and interview date is 11/21. Still hard to feel happy about it knowing she should have been here with me a long time ago. I remember last Thanksgiving hopeing she would be here for opening day of baseball in April this year. Now just feeling lucky she will be here before the year is over with. 1 year and 5 months of sure misery. Now I'm PO'd that i won't have anything to be angry about. The next 7 weeks is gonna be agony!!! AAggghhh!!!! hehe...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/782_1_.gif

GUZ doesn't even know.

This just in... My wife called and said she got the P4 today (10/1) and interview date is 11/21. Still hard to feel happy about it knowing she should have been here with me a long time ago. I remember last Thanksgiving hopeing she would be here for opening day of baseball in April this year. Now just feeling lucky she will be here before the year is over with. 1 year and 5 months of sure misery. Now I'm PO'd that i won't have anything to be angry about. The next 7 weeks is gonna be agony!!!  AAggghhh!!!!  hehe...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/782_1_.gif

158072[/snapback]

Doug! That's wonderful! Congratulations, guy!!

BillV 8-16-2004 try to be patient because you still have some waiting to do. You can get the holiday schedule at the Guangzhou Consulate's webpage.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/cg/holiday.html

Doug;

A delayed congratulations since you should have had it a long time ago. Good luck in November.

158098[/snapback]

Like alot of us patience is not one of my better virtues, I realized I still have a waiting period, I am hoping if everything goes right January or February interview date, but only the GUZ knows or do they? Thanks for the Holiday schedule.

Congradulations Doug your wait is almost over, best wishes Bill

GUZ doesn't even know.

This just in... My wife called and said she got the P4 today (10/1) and interview date is 11/21. Still hard to feel happy about it knowing she should have been here with me a long time ago. I remember last Thanksgiving hopeing she would be here for opening day of baseball in April this year. Now just feeling lucky she will be here before the year is over with. 1 year and 5 months of sure misery. Now I'm PO'd that i won't have anything to be angry about. The next 7 weeks is gonna be agony!!!  AAggghhh!!!!  hehe...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/782_1_.gif

158072[/snapback]

Just heard that we're on Nov. 22!! I'm glad we didn't cut in line ahead of you! You've been waiting WAY longer than we have.

Congratulations again!

To BillV and others:

Do not trust for GUZ to get it right, so dont wait around. We just recived the interview date and the P4 is still in the mail somewhere.

But we lost a total of 3.5 months, because first, they mailed off our P3 to some address unknown. I niavely sat waiting and my SO called, and it had been sent 2 weeks ealier, but the wrong address.

They fire off another P3, and the next day we fire it back, by certified mail, with tracking number, and the works. Cool, they got it the next day.

But......

We wait and wait and I am calling DOS, and they just continue to say nothing yet. Finally in July, when Jin had enough, she emailed GUZ only to find they claim they never recieved it, ignoring our reciept and the tracking data. THREE MONTHS LATER.

By the way, DOS over here can do nothing for you except inquire back to GUZ, and suprise thier investigation concluded that they never recived the P3 docs. So we fired off another one, and with it a transmittal sheet, regarded as a RESUBMITTAL TO THE PREVIOUS SCREW UP. I faxed every day asking for confirmation of reciept and entry, always reffering back to thier screw up, and that my children are anxiously awaiting a response. I also called DOS, reminding them that I will not stop calling till this information was entered into the computer, so they cannot lose it again.

Three days after they recieved our P3 docs, it was entered into the computer.

This is partly a fable and a venting excersize. The moral of the story is ride em hard till they get this stuff entered into the computer. Leave a paper trail a mile long as as wide as you need to. make sure you have a good trail if you need to knock on doors closer to home. It was discovered there is at least another couple who had the exact same thing happen around the same time. In fact they alerted us, to call DOS, because they had just recieved their P4. So we are by no means alone with this kind of handling.

Thanks for the opportunity to tell it, and good luck to everyone here.

I DCF-ed (Direct Consulate File) in Chengdu in the end of February. I got the P3 in mid April. My wife got the P4 on Saturday. The interview is on November 2nd. Seems like a lot of people get through this in 9 months to a year, assuming you don't hit any snags.

Shall we start a pool?

158363[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer but a pool is not nescessary, but I do thank all those who responded, you have confirmed what I have been hoping for. I will be very pleased with the predictions, if my wife does get her interview in January or February. I am also looking forward to going to China for my fourth time and having her return with me.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, MAY YOU ALL BE BLESS WITH THE HAPPINESS YOU DESIRE.