How to locate an ex?

The FAQ Interview relates the following 'scams':

A.2.7.2

They are looking for fraud in the following methods:

1. two-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary pays American petitioner)

2. one-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary is ‘pretending’ affection; plans to dupe petitioner.)

A.2.7.3

VISA SENT BACK TO USCIS:

1. a common scheme is for a couple to divorce, the husband goes to the US, illegally or as an unmarried son, then the wife needs to find some USC to marry to get to the States and re-hook up with the ex-husband.

2. USCs serially bringing multiple fiancée  or spouses to the States

for a relative short period of time each, splitting up and then doing it again and again. The USC probably gets paid.

3. Use of fraudulent documents, such as fraudulent phone logs from well known phone providers in the US as well as phony (pun) logs for call cards..

The latter one is provided by King in:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=75993

157262[/snapback]

David,

The plan to dupe the petitioner is probably the conclusional method the VO suspected. It was also mentioned to me from a legal aid resource I have contacted here in California.

I fully feel in my heart that this is not the case and will provide the sufficient evidence to overcome this decision. I have had limited contact with Lucy since this all came down yesterday. I told her to keep quiet and get back home where we can start communication again to plan our case.

Thank you for bringing these concerns to the surface!

Eric

.  A married Chinese woman sees the family based visa as an opportunity.  She and her husband divorce.  She finds an unsuspecting USC whom she dupes into petitioning and possibly marrying.  She arrives in the US, either on a K-1, K-3, CR-1, or IR-1.  Subsequently, she divorces her American husband and later files an I-130 for her Chinese ex.

Correct me if I am wrong Frank but I don't believe a non US citizen can file an I-130. They fall under the same umbrella as resident aliens briinging umarried sons or daughters over. It is a quota system and takes from 2 - 10 years depending on the country they are from and the number of visas available in a given year. In order to file an I-130 to bring the Chinese ex over she would first have to come here and adjust status as being a resident alien married to a US Citizen, wait out the 2 year conditions or file on the abuse exception wait another 2-3 years to become a naturalized citizen. A very long term proposition I doubt many scammers would have the patience for.

157176[/snapback]

You're generally correct Carl, but an LPR can also file an I-130 for a spouse. In trying to cut short my post, I left out a number of facts and variations, one of which would be the Chinese scammer re-marrying his/her ex. Another variation is for the scammer to use the family visa to get here while his/her Chinese ex uses a work visa, student visa, or other legal or illegal means to get here. Then both fade away.