USCIS Processing Time....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I will believe it when I see it.....

Objective 2.1

Achieve and maintain timely processing of immigration benefits By the end of FY 2006, USCIS will eliminate the current backlog of pending applications and will sustain a national cycle time average of six months or less for all applications.

Working with our stakeholders, we will identify, pilot and implement business practice improvements and innovations to prevent backlogs from recurring, and will strive to continuously improve processing times. We will regularly review and update our operational policies, processes, forms, instructions, and procedures to improve both efficiency (e.g., eliminate redundancies or unnecessary steps) and consistency and automate steps to allow adjudicators’ to focus their attention on the parts of a case where their expertise is most needed. We will implement pre-processing of applications at a centralized facility to ensure that a case is “decision ready” when it reaches an adjudicator, thus reducing the number of continued cases. We will strive continuously for efficient and effective service delivery thereby providing exceptional value for the fees paid by our applicants and petitioners. We will continue to staff our Service Centers, National Benefits Center, local offices and Application Support Centers to be able to quickly respond to fluctuating workload. Our Asylum Officer Corps and our new Refugee Officer Corps will enable us to leverage specialized resources, including professional interpreters, to deliver timely and accurate provision of legal protection to individuals who have been persecuted and displaced.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstud...RATEGICPLAN.pdf

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
I think they pretty much said most of the same things in the last year or two and the last year or two before that!

Notice that it says "objective". I think that is the key word!!!

156096[/snapback]

It's a sad thing if you can visualize it. Some sorry putz sitting there in a meeting with his / her powerpoint presentation telling everyone what they want to hear. After the presentation, all 20 minutes of it, they go back to their congressional meetings to talk about how to fund the new antique car museum.....

more of the same, in the meantime lots of us are languishing in limbo.......

Guest ShaQuaNew
I notice that was from the USCIS website (formerly INS). And they say they will process stuff within six months. OK; in my case, they did. The I-129F was approved in less than six months. Xiahong's AOS was completed within six months with her green card in fist.

Of course DOS took a year between NOA2 and the visa - but that doesn't count on USCIS' clock.

156133[/snapback]

Very interesting observation. It's all about making it look right for themselves on paper.....