Ticket & Flight Information

Hi everyone,

I know that we have covered this topic over & over again, at least once a month. Unfortunately, many of the various resources that has been presented on here, is of little to no use for most of us on the East coast, as it is difficult to get to many of them. OR, the sites listed, are in chinese only and for us that are chinese litterate, well, you get the picture.

I've tried elong, with little to no help.
Orbitz is deffinately out of the picture as they can not be trusted
Expedia just cant seem to get the flights I am wanting at a decent price.
I've tried locating a few travel agentcies in the various China towns as some of you have mentioned, but with out knowing them, or have ever dealling with them, I can not help but be a bit skeptic on using them. (No to mention on some of them, I was unable locate telephone Numbers or addresses on them.

So, I am turning to my fellow brothers & sisters here, in hopes to be able to, (If not already) try and build a Network of folks and services access to not just help my self, but for others that will soon join us in this segment of this process.

My plans are to do the following:

Depart from Hickory, NC (HKY)
Arrive at Atlanta (ATL) Connection:
To LAX, Grab the 11:59pm Flight on China Southern
TO GUZ (CAN)
Then Onto Nanning (NNG)

The Return trip the same but in reverse, but this time, with my SO.

So, I will need 1 round trip ticket & One way.
From what I am seeing on both Delta & US Air, they are wanting to charge about the same amount for her one way as my round trip (CRAZY)
Aprox: Total: $3,000.00

Can anyone assist in getting this Itenerary with in a reasonable Airfare & a simple way to pay for it. (CC is no problem)

I am wanting to leave by the 6th of October & for us to return on the 18th of October.

Anyone care to give this a fair try.

Thanks

Oh Yeah, we have tired contacting several Animal transporters to help to assist us with her dog (Just a bit bigger than a Jack Russel Terrier) about 30lbs, and none of them could help us because they do not service Nanning or Guangzhou Areas. Any assistance on this would also be of help.

Thanks

I'll have to check into that. Would I get a better price for the tickets to NNG from GUZ if I buy them through the China Southern office there at LAX or Should I do it in GUZ? (The only Problem there is that I am totally lost there at the GUZ airport as I cant read a thing there & very few folks there can speak english.

OH YEAH! CONGRATS MARK

Better would be that you book the flights for you getting to GUZ and back from GUZ to your home city in the states, and then have your SO book the rest of the way for you from GUZ to NNG and then back to GUZ. Have your SO book all of her one-way flight to your home town with a Chinese travel agent to match your flights from NNG to your home city.

Edited by Mark62 (see edit history)
Use Yahoo for your round-trip flights, and have your SO go through her travel agent in China for a one-way flight that copies your retrurn flight.

And I was trying to save my 100th post to say that my SO got her visa today.

156009[/snapback]

Congratulations!!

here's to more than 2 years!

No one has adressed the pet. I have just arranged for a pet to return with us from Beijing.

First of all you will have to make your arrangements directly with the airline when traveling with a pet. They will check for available space and requirements when you make the ticket. There are numerous restictions on transporting a pet, they have to be met, our you will have major problems. The cage has to be approved, marked properly, time and food/water requirements, proper papers, etc, etc.

You mentioned Delta, here is some info to get you started. search for "pets" here

Delta pets

Our situation is easy, just a one shot from Beijing to Chicago, then by car to home ( 3 hours). Your itineray is very complex, definitly look at breaking it up - maybe surface transpost from ATL. Sorry, I do not know anything about how the pet on domestic China flight will hookup with a international flight. Any chance the first contact your pet will have with airlines is at CAN ??

IMHO, you need to work with the airlines directly

Edited by ed and ying (see edit history)

Unfortunately, Neither Delta nor China Southern says that they are unable to assist us based upon where we will be orriginating from.

What were some of the names^& addresses of some of those travel agentcies located in china towns? I will try & contact them this week & see what they can do for us.

Thanks

Other than the Hickory to Atlanta leg, my flights tend to follow your itinerary. I have had good luck booking directly with the airlines (Delta to Guangzhou or United to Hong Kong).

I used http://www.pacplace.com once and they also booked the local China leg for me, but I'll bet your SO can get a better price locally. Other have used http://www.flychina.com.

When I went to Guangzhou for the interview, I went ahead and booked R/T for me on United to Hong Kong and one ways for Jingwen and the kids from Hong Kong back to Atlanta. All local China travel was booked there in China, including travel from Guangzhou to Zhanjiang and Zhanjiang to Shenzhen for the boat trip back to Hong Kong. I booked directly with United.

I'll have to check into that. Would I get a better price for the tickets to NNG from GUZ if I buy them through the China Southern office there at LAX or Should I do it in GUZ? (The only Problem there is that I am totally lost there at the GUZ airport as I cant read a thing there & very few folks there can speak english.

156018[/snapback]

I purchase e-tickets through their web site http://www.cs-air.com/en/ I'm sure there is a cheaper way, but it is easy. The web site is a little tempermental though. I could previously only get it to work with Explorer. Just checked, they have several flights to Nanning for 730 RMB (one way).

Just spoke to the So & she seems to think that we should be able to do it all ourselves. (But she's not thinking about the 2 houses of Suitcases, 2 reg suitcases, & 2 carry on bags)

OH GOD!! Tell me there is a fork truck made in heaven waiting for me.

Shes saying that it will cost around 1,000 yuan which isn't bad, just the long layovers between the flights to make sure the dog gets connected.

Damn, why couldn't we just feed the damn thing so Red Bull, Then is could fly its own ass here :mf_sleep:

No Seriously, I love the critter, just not whats about to be bestowed upon me :blink: