As we approach the Interview

I honestly cannot think of any problems we had. She adjusted with no problems. At first she was a little hesitant to talk with strangers but it was not long before she was chewing out sales clerks.

We both enjoy the same things - hiking, biking, skiing and travel so those things kept us busy.

Everyonce in a while she will watch TV but spends most of her time with her studies. I have tried to get her to go to China but both she and her parents think it is more important that she stay here with me.

Sometimes she cooks something that I won't eat but she cooks something else for me.

Well, actually there is one problem - she waits on me too much. Like I have told her I will make the bed mornings. Most mornings she gets to it first.

She is dedicated to being a good American and she loves it here. Not at all homesick but she does call parents and friends often.

I am very proud of her and what she has accomplished in 2.5 years.

153133[/snapback]

I observed this interesting phenomenon. As my husband's Chinese and my English getting better, there tends to be more misunderstanding between us. As I reflected later after some of those event, I realized that it's because we just assumed the other said what he/she meant, while it's not always true. We just didn't realize that we still have a lot of language problems.