Notarial Single Certificates

My fiance in Shanghai went to a govt office (not the notarial office) for the single cert, and they gave her a certified document stating she did not marry anyone since 2002. They said they cannot do before 2002 since "the the govt did not have computer records prior to this". Is this correct, should this document be sufficient for the interview? :P

The notorial office said her only other option is they will notarize a sworn statement by her that she is not married, which is simply a notarized word of honor. Is this also acceptable for the consulate? ;)

Thanks in advance for any help ! B)

My fiance in Shanghai went to a govt office (not the notarial office) for the single cert, and they gave her a certified document stating she did not marry anyone since 2002. They said they cannot do before 2002 since "the the govt did not have computer records prior to this". Is this correct, should this document be sufficient for the interview?  :redblob:

The notorial office said her only other option is they will notarize a sworn statement by her that she is not married, which is simply a notarized word of honor. Is this also acceptable for the consulate? :redblob:

Thanks in advance for any help !  :redblob:

152945[/snapback]

Hi Ken, and welcome to CFL, you will find a tremendous resource of knowledge here. As for your question it is the first I remember seeing like this, but some of the older members may have more insight. However, based on what you have said, I think that certainly a translated/notarized statement from your Jie will help...

PS: My wife is from Shanghai also......

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)
My fiance in Shanghai went to a govt office (not the notarial office) for the single cert, and they gave her a certified document stating she did not marry anyone since 2002. They said they cannot do before 2002 since "the the govt did not have computer records prior to this". Is this correct, should this document be sufficient for the interview?  :redblob:

The notorial office said her only other option is they will notarize a sworn statement by her that she is not married, which is simply a notarized word of honor. Is this also acceptable for the consulate? :redblob:

Thanks in advance for any help !  :redblob:

152945[/snapback]

Yes. She should also provide her divorce papers etc...