Are they full of hot air?

I have an aquaintance that is friends with one of my states congresswomen and a Senator. They told me that they could probably help me with the Visa for my wife. Can these representatives really help me? And if so, with what phase? I just sent my I-864 back and I am waiting for my IV fee bill. Could they help with the Embassy wait time?

I just read the other post about not stirring up trouble... if there isn't any. Someone needs to stir things up!

I believe that immigration for you spouse is a right, and it should be processed expeditiously!

I spoke to a man which got his son's wife over from Korea in 2 weeks!!! They were friends with one of the heads of a district Visa Service Center.

So, it can be done quickly and efficiently! :angry:

Unfortunately legislators don't have a lot of control over what does on at the consulate. They can make inquiries on your behalf and if there is an unreasonable delay sometimes they can get the ball rolling again but their help is pretty limited. If your friends friend at the service center did indeed manage to get the sons wife over here from Korea in 2 weeks then he is seriously abusing his power. I am a little sceptical myself.

:D  Take a look at my timeline.  Yes, it is complete. Do you really think you have something to be worried about :D

152518[/snapback]

My timeline is identical to that of obxtrainman. What's alarming is that the CSC started processing applications received on March 28 since about August 9, 2005. Yet, here it is almost mid-september and my application (NOA1 April 4, 2005) has not even been 'touched' once!

:blink:?Take a look at my timeline.?Yes, it is complete. Do you really think you have something to be worried about :exclaim:

152518[/snapback]

My timeline is identical to that of obxtrainman. What's alarming is that the CSC started processing applications received on March 28 since about August 9, 2005. Yet, here it is almost mid-september and my application (NOA1 April 4, 2005) has not even been 'touched' once!

152829[/snapback]

Yep, same here. :angry:

Why Not File a I-129? MSC is putting them out in about 2 to 3 weeks :exclaim:

152835[/snapback]

My SO and I are comfortable with the I-130 route. However, here's the unbelievable twist. I was ready to send off the I-129 when I decided to first talk to the guys at the 800 number a couple months ago. He absolutely said I'd be wasting my money because my I-130 would be approved first!

Well, I think at this point, I may be better off just waiting.