Involving Government Officials

Guest ShaQuaNew

As you know I recently e-mailed and recieved some help from Maura Harty's office, but then I had extenuating circumstances. I think that if you have extraordinary circumstances you should at least try, the worst they can say is there is nothing they can do. As of yet I only have the word of DOS and the Chief of the Consulate they will expedite Ying's case, so there is nothing certain as of yet. I am going to keep current on what is happening by first E-mailing Secretary Harty's assistiant who helped me thanking her for her help and let her know what the consulate has told me. Hopefully she will continue to follow up herself and make sure the Consulate keeps up their end of the bargain.

In my view, unless there's a real problem, they're absolutely worthless.

152486[/snapback]

I agree with Frank, in our case and after 9 months of waiting for our second name check to come through, I was lucky enough to find someone at my Congressman's office (and with the right contacts) who was able to move it forward. Then I wrote to Maura Harty explaining my particular situation where one of my closest family members was very ill and sent her enough evidence as proof of it, one week later got a reply from her with our interview date set one month later. I think if you have a real situation it's worthwhile to give it a try, but if your process is following the normal timeline you will not get any help, most probably they will ignore your request.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Would like to get some input from others regarding involving government officials in your Visa process whether from the local, state, or federal level. Any positive or negative experiences?

If you do it before there is a definite problem you run the risk of having someone step on another's turff for no reason. This could backfire on you and make it harder to get help later. The two places people have gotten help to make things move when problems arise have been your Congressman and DOS, Maura Harty's office. I don't remember any place else that help was sought and it was productive. The results by Congressman was mixed.

Guest ShaQuaNew
If you do it before there is a definite problem you run the risk of having someone step on another's turff for no reason. This could backfire on you and make it harder to get help later.

152478[/snapback]

The problem is I'm ready to find the one that's sitting on my petition and holding up the process. Once I find them I will nicely introduce them to my "let's get more efficient machine".... :wub: :wub:

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Are there others at CSC with a similar timeline to your own that are getting approved sooner? I would only seek assistance if your case is falling behind the pack and there is significant reason for concern.

152490[/snapback]

Well, I've seen the usual priviledged folks that filed thru Vermont that get approved in two hours, and lately where there was a black hole in Nebraska those folk are getting rapid approvals. I've not seen anyone however that has filed an I-129F to TSC in mid to late May or early June.

It appears that TSC is now transferring ALL petitions to CSC. With that being the case one would think they'd be a bit overwhelmed there.

Going into this, the last thought on my mind would have been to involve a government official, simply because life experience tells me that the chance of being "marked" "blackballed" "backburnered," etc., increases exponentially.

My anxiety level is just shooting up though because I went the route that most do and noticed that there was an across the board average of well under 45 days to get an NOA2. It seems with every passing hour that my fingernails are getting shorter and I'm wondering if something went wrong. :lol: :greenblob:

It's just f-ing p-ing me OFF that I can't hold some SOB accountable.....but hey, I'm human.,

At this point your petition has not been approved; therefore you don't

have a leg to stand on. Immigration is not a right.

If you stir things up now, you run the risk of being denied.

152494[/snapback]

This is a VERY GOOD point. Be patient and hang in there. :greenblob:

Guest ShaQuaNew
This is a VERY GOOD point. Be patient and hang in there. :greenblob:

152730[/snapback]

While I appreciate all the feedback, I disagree with the sentiment of being patient during the process. I know these words are intended to be comforting, but I must tell you that I would no sooner sit patiently waiting for a late delivered meal in a restaurant than I would for each milestone to be met at the Visa process. I consider such behavior irresponsible.

Asserting oneself during this process is absolutely required. Take notes. Take names. Keep dates, know what's happening. Research. Know what to expect. Sitting patiently by during the process encourages others to take advantage.

I find myself agreeing with Mari and Frank. Sit tight right now and wait. In our case, after waiting 8 months in second name check and no end in sight, I contacted one of my Senator's. He personaly wrote to the FBI and asked them to expedite. It seemed to work, because within 2 weeks we had second name check approval. Then GZ put us at the back of the interview line, with an estimate of September for the interview, and this was after 17 months of waiting already. A politely written letter to Maura Harty's offices asking for assistance got us an earlier interview.

Try to hang in there. It's easy to tell someone to be patient. But we have all gone through this and made it, and you will too. It's all worth it in the end!!

Guest ShaQuaNew
I find myself agreeing with Mari and Frank.  Sit tight right now and wait.  In our case, after waiting 8 months in second name check and no end in sight, I contacted one of my Senator's.  He personaly wrote to the FBI and asked them to expedite.  It seemed to work, because within 2 weeks we had second name check approval.  Then GZ put us at the back of the interview line, with an estimate of September for the interview, and this was after 17 months of waiting already.  A politely written letter to Maura Harty's offices asking for assistance got us an earlier interview.

Try to hang in there.  It's easy to tell someone to be patient.  But we have all gone through this and made it, and you will too.  It's all worth it in the end!!

152738[/snapback]

I do appreciate these thoughts, honest, or at least I'm trying to. I've overcome difficulty in the past and I will overcome this. I know others have endured far more difficulty than my few short months here and I want to say to those people right now that this thread in no way is intended to minimize that.

It WILL be worth it in the end, but right now I feel like I'm getting it in the end by someone asking me to squeal like a pig......or SHEEP....lol....

Thanks guys...