Pick up Visa, if at all possible

wulongtea

My fiancee and I are here waiting for the China Post to deliver her passport, visa and documents, and I can tell you it is one of the most frustrating things to be dealing with at this stage of the game.

So I am suggesting that if it is at all possible, choose the option to pick up the visa if at all possible.

We had our interview on friday and passed it, and so far we still have not received our visa. We can track it online now, and we can see that the consulate has delivered it to the EMS post system.

But when calling the EMS people, when they use their own systems they cannot find any information about it. So we tell them, well your website shows that the documents were delivered to your sorting facility.

We ask them about their Guarantee to deliver by 10am the next day, and they said ... "oh that is only if you ask for it"!

So when we ask when can we expect it, they say ... "oh it can usually take 1 or 2 days!"

So if you need to have it delivered, then make sure you ask for the 10am next day service! But if at all possible, try to pick it up yourself.

Moments after i posted this message, the phone rang! It was the EMS person with our visa.

Then Candle went down for a while.

It is so strange, we called the Guangzhou EMS office and they said it was still in Guangzhou, we called the Shenzhen EMS office and they had no idea where it was and could not even find it in their systems.

The web tracking showed that it had left Guangzhou at 9pm last night.

And moments after no one could figure out where it was, someone calls us and says they are waiting downstairs with our visa.

We checked everything and everything looks ok, so we're coming home on Sat!