Waiting for P4, does it make sense to call DOS?

We sent back P3 in mid January. I understand that the security check must be completed before visa issuance and I was wondering the security check process might be related to the date we can expect to receive P4.

If I call GZ and ask when P4 will be ready they will give me the "I dunno" answer. If I call DOS maybe they can tell me the status of the security check which will at least give some idea of the earliest P4 could be ready.

Does anyone know if GZ now waits for security clearance BEFORE sending out P4?

I realize that this is not at all related to the process the Black Hole Gang is going through (my sympathies to all of you) so more recent activity is probably more relevant to my question.

Thanks and fast processing to all of you

Tom

Guest Long_strider

I hand delivered my packet 3 on December 31. The Information officer there said that It would be 4-8 months. I asked him why so long and why the vague timelines. He replied, "because of 9/11." :o

GZ received our P3 on 12-02-2002, but I'm assuming that they still haven't "processed our forms" yet. So it's probably sitting in the mail room, like usual. I don't understand why they didn't just process our P3 the same time they received our P3.

In their email they said it will take 3-4 months from the time of receiving a petition to an interview date. But we all know by now that there's no set timeline. However, I can use this statement in my correspondence with them.

I've called DOS once a month ago, but was told the "computers were down" and I haven't called since. However, if GZ does completion of the background check before scheduling the interview date, it's a good idea to call DOS . If this is the case, then if a background check is cleared that means a P4 should be mailed out.

As for the "9/11" argument, I think GZ is taking advantage of it to their benefit, and use it as an excuse. Before 9/11 GZ and other U.S. Consulates were churning out fiancee visas in record time. Now after 9/11, it seems like it's only GZ that is not churning out visas anymore while the others are still processing visas without delays.

Plus it doesn't hurt to call DOS, give it a try.

Thanks for your replies.

From my read of the various posted timelines here and elsewhere, the P3-P4 timeframe seems to be between 2 and 4 months with a few exceptions outside that range.

Please keep us all updated on your timelines since the real movement of petitions is far more reliable than GZ/DOS/INS estimates.

NOA 1 : 6/18/02 (Nebraska)

NOA 2 : 11/5/02

P3: 1/17/03 (received and returned same day)

P4: Anyone's guess

Aloha from Hawaii

P-3 does not seem to be the problem. P-4 and beyond is the problem.

It is difficult to get Guamgzhou to admit that clearances have reached

them. My wife's clearance has been there for two two months and still

no Package 4. We have no idea why there is the dslay. I suspect the

slow down is deliberate and not a screw up.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG