Progress in our case

As most of you know Ying's son Peter passed away earlier this year. At that time I contacted Maura Harty and Senator Cornyn seeking their help is expiditing Ying's visa du to extenuating circumstances but got little if any help. Last night when Ying and I were talking she was so severly depressed, I was also hurting. In desperation I sent another e-mail to Maura Harty explaining that our situation has become grave. When I checked my e-mail after work I found the following messages.

Lynne P. Skeirik

Special Assistant

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Dear Mr. XXXX,

If you would provide me with the birthdate for your wife and also, the

name

of the overseas Consular Section that is handling your visa case, I

will

investigate the case and get back to you.

Please accept my sympathies for your loss.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:20 AM

To: 'Carl XXXXX'

Subject: RE: CR-1 Visa

Dear Mr. XXXX: I am so sorry for your loss. Let me see where your case

stands now. Sincerely, Maura Harty

While I am thankful for the timely responses and their offers to investigate, given Ying's current state of mind it could be to little to late.

I wish I could go to her right now, but I won't have any vacation time till December. All I can ask of you are your hopes and prayers that this terrible chapter in our lives will soon be over and we can be the family I so dearly want.

I want to thank all for the love and support you have offered in the past and ask you continue to send those good thoughts we so desperately need.

Thank you all

Carl

Edited by Carl (see edit history)
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

Deepest condolences to your loss. I hope that the powers that be are able to expedite your process during your time of grief so that you can be close together and supportive of one another............

All the best...

Jesse and Lan

Carl,

You and Ying have my sympathies and prayers.

Best wishes

Hank

I am talking to Ying right now and she seems to be feeling better. The news that we might be getting some high level help has given her a lift. The past few months have been an emotional roller coaster, and she like us all have our good days and bad ones. All in all we just need to thake things one day at a time and we both pray for a speedy resolution. Thanks all for your support. It means the world to me and Ying.

Carl and Ying,

I have already expressed my wife's and myself's sympathies over on the VJ board when you first lost your son. It is still taking up a tragic place in my heart and soul. I am hopeful, like everyone else, that you will get the special treatment and expediting you requested. I think they have the power and if ever there was a just cause, yours is it! Good luck Carl and Ying. Our prayers and hopes are with you.

Dave and Ying :greenblob:

I got another e-mail from Maura Harty's assistiant, Lynne P. Skeirik,Special Assistant, Bureau of Consular Affairs. She has told me she will look into the case right away. I am grateful for her quick response and hope the case will come to a quick resolution.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)

Since I am not sure if this will make a return appearance in the near future, I am reposting the letterI recieved from Maura Harty's special assistiant (properly purged this time).

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

We have been in touch with the Consular Section in Guangzhou about your fiancee's case. They informed us that they have also had several email exchanges with you.

As I understand it, your fiancee's case was forwarded on July 21 to Guangzhou by the National Visa Center in New Hampshire via DHL express mail. The Chief of the Consular Section has assured us that they will expedite the case as soon as they receive it. Unfortunately, Chinese Customs sometimes holds up the DHL boxes for several weeks. As soon as our staff in Guangzhou receives the case, they will contact your fiancee and invite her in for her visa interview. Hopefully, they will receive the case in the very near future.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

It took a while, but it looks like progress has been made. I talked to Ying last night and she thinks we will have a October/November interview, but I am thinking December is more realistic. Anybody have any thoughts?