she sounds SCARY

izus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's close the thread.

And also, from now on, let's dispense with all these racist and sexist slurs and henceforth refer to all visa officers as "individuals."

So when my wife finishes her interview and I post the results, if anyone asks who the VO was, I will say "an individual." And if I'm asked the individual's gender or physical attributes, I'll say, "What does that have to do with the person's ability to do the job of visa issuance or denial?"

In fact, I object to our Web site being so fixated on a particular country. I think we should change the heading "U.S. Immigration for Chinese loved ones" to "International Immigration for Individuals."

154928[/snapback]

Can I Call Myself A Dumb Ass Messican James?????I am pretty dark too Is That OK

Miguel Perez, Its all good

154933[/snapback]

Shoot, is that the best you can do, I've heard you call yourself worse in chat like "The son of Trigg" now that's a slur if I ever heard one. :)

I know, you're just trying to be politically correct. :P

who says we are not "sensitive?" :blink:

Dumbass Mexican? Nah, them's thread-closin' words. How about "individual of differing mental abilities"?

154935[/snapback]

Well my Mental Abilitays areer lcacking too?? So I am a bad persona?

154940[/snapback]

Gee as a former teacher I'd rather deal with a dumbass any day rather than a smart ass. But what does this have to do with Mike's mental ability? :blink: That's in the head isn't it?

At work we have a no nickname policy because of things like this. People call someone a nickname like skinny or fatty for a couple years then the irritation breaks out into a fight.

Nicknaming is to tag an identity. Unfortunately the VOs do not give their names. They interview Chinese who have a hard time with western names anyway. So the nicks arise. We aren't going to stop it. What we can do is to stop trying to type the VOs by the little info we get. What good does it do to know the VO is tough or easy? We send in our SOs with what they have accumulated and together we assembled to present as an argument for the visa. The track record shows no matter who is the VO the majority of CFLers pass because of good preparation. Most that don't face additional time but mostly overcome to get the visa.

Lets continue to focus on the objective.

Edited by Dan R (see edit history)
What good does it do to know the VO is tough or easy? We send in our SOs with what they have accumulated and together we assembled to present as an argument for the visa. The track record shows no matter who is the VO the majority of CFLers pass because of good preparation. Most that don't face additional time but mostly overcome to get the visa.

Lets continue to focus on the objective.

155125[/snapback]

I had the same thought this last week... our track record at CFL is extremely good... and issues of what any particular VO is like is meaningless.

I also think that CFL, as I see it, is more male members and so there is less issue with this than a female based site like 001...

I told my SO after the interview that she was interviewed by an infamous woman that many are 'scared' by... she looked at me with those contemptuous chinese eyes and said, "why, so easy".. and walked away... :ph34r: :rolleyes:

I knew I should of kept my mouth shut...

Guest ShaQuaNew
I had the same thought this last week...  our track record at CFL is extremely good... and issues of what any particular VO is like is meaningless.

155260[/snapback]

That's quite a stretch David. I think it would be better said that none of us has the luxury of selecting who will be doing the interviewing. For that very reason collecting all information about how each interview is different is very useful. Todays' politically correct world would sometimes enjoy making everyone nameless and faceless. Why? Ah hell, I don't wanna get into that. When I talk to my friends about the physical appearance of the Dick that took my parking spot or cut me off in traffic, it will be quite different from what I describe in a room of cultureally diverse individuals. The Dick did look like a dork though, and he had a comb-over..... :rolleyes:

I'm not seeing the stretch in it... Historically, I cannot recall a CFL member who studied the VOs, and then benefited by knowing all the VOs and having their SO know them all.. so when face to face with one, they knew how to respond... I can only see added stress by such a micro-managing aspect to this process.. and frankly, I don't know that our SOs really want all that info. Sometimes, too much info is not a good thing. My SO, for one, thinks it ludicrous to worry about such issues...

Instead, we tend to focus on the questions and having the paperwork on hand... that seems to be sufficient enough to get the visa...

Having collected the interview data, I can say that a few certainly did give some physical appearance of the VOs... So if anyone really wants to search and collect it, they can. I simply saw no reason to do it... they rotate at some point and who's going to keep track of that...

But this topic has been commented on before... I think those who hold the opposite view pose an interesting stand.. just not one I subscribe to.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I'm not seeing the stretch in it... Historically, I cannot recall a CFL member who studied the VOs, and then benefited by knowing all the VOs and having their SO know them all.. so when face to face with one, they knew how to respond... I can only see added stress by such a micro-managing aspect to this process.. and frankly, I don't know that our SOs really want all that info.

155277[/snapback]

Agreed David, too much information is not good. Everyone's saturation point is different. Some people hate details, others cannot get enough. If I had biographical information of every VO in GZ I would read it. Now, I may or may not share any of my findings with my SO, but I would certainly digest the information and arrive at my OWN assessment.

Gathering information is not micro-managing. While somethings to one may not be significant, to another they may. How all of this boils down to whether or not it helps or hinders the process can also be deemed inmaterial. One day of the week I may want to learn more about one topic, and another day something else entirely. I've never refrained from learning more about a topic because someone told me it was unimportant. To the contrary, that is my motivation to learn more about it.....

Guest ShaQuaNew
ok.. I'll admit, "meaningless" was a bad choice of words...

And your point drives home that the CFL search is probably the most important tool here... You'll find a wealth of info...

155287[/snapback]

One thing is for SURE David. You are an example here of one person that got into the details of visa-related topics. Your posts and research illustrate that with clarity.

....after all your preparations and study before your interview, I sensed that you felt that you may have over-prepared. Can't say for sure that's the case cuz only you know that. In any event I'm an obsessive sort when it comes to details. If I tried sharing all the details I learn with my SO I would surely be mopslapped! :rolleyes:

Again David, congratulations on your success, which indeed is quite meaninful.... :)

ok.. I'll admit, "meaningless" was a bad choice of words...

And your point drives home that the CFL search is probably the most important tool here...   You'll find a wealth of info...

155287[/snapback]

One thing is for SURE David. You are an example here of one person that got into the details of visa-related topics. Your posts and research illustrate that with clarity.

....after all your preparations and study before your interview, I sensed that you felt that you may have over-prepared. Can't say for sure that's the case cuz only you know that. In any event I'm an obsessive sort when it comes to details. If I tried sharing all the details I learn with my SO I would surely be mopslapped! :P

Again David, congratulations on your success, which indeed is quite meaninful.... :D

155290[/snapback]

Jesse, your commented on being mop slapped. Surely you don't imply this is a bad thing do you??? Am I sensing a cultural bias toward a good ole mop slapping?? Are we being politically correct when we refer to the tool (mop) of the slapping?? will this prejudice the next person who read this?? :Dah: :Dah:

All very sensitive and important issues that need the PC committee to hold a hearing and eventually decide about the frivolity of it all. :smartass: :pilot:

Carry on.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse, your commented on being mop slapped. Surely you don't imply this is a bad thing do you??? Am I sensing a cultural bias toward a good ole mop slapping??  Are we being politically correct when we refer to the tool (mop) of the slapping?? will this prejudice the next person who read this?? :pilot:  :Dah:

All very sensitive and important issues that need the PC committee to hold a hearing and eventually decide about the frivolity of it all. :P  :smartass:

Carry on.

155306[/snapback]

I did see a mop-slap coming from a few CFL members, but fortunately sucessfully ducked. I however missed ducking the mop-slaps directed toward me when my back was turned.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Ahh, I see you are in tune to the subtle yet ubiquitous differences between overt and covert mopslappings.

Most only realize this after it is too late and drain bamage has occurred :banned:  :banned:  :banned:  :banned:

155316[/snapback]

Speling and gramer problims seem to be the first noticible symptims after these repeeted mop-slapings......