Notarial Certificate???

Greeetings. My fiancee & I are waiting for the 2nd packet and she has a question I can't answer. She is asking about a document called the Notarial document. She has heard from others that it is vital for her interview. I have no idea what it is. She seems to have 2 copies of it, whatever it is, and thinks one should have been sent to the embassy or NVC or somewhere. She is quite worried and until I know what she's referring to, I can't help. Any thoughts or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fred

Welcome to CFL. When you say 2nd packet, you are referring the the second packet to be received from the consulate or the 2nd packet in the entire process? If it's the latter, and you are waiting on getting your second notice from USCIS on your petition, you'll have plenty of time for your fiancee to gather the required documents. If you're talking about the second packet from GZ, often referred as P4 or the appointment packet, it's time to make sure you've got all the required notarial documents.

As it relates to notarial documents, Marty is correct. Such documents would also include police clearance certificates and marital status certificates. Think of notarial documents as the equivalent of certified documents that are provided by a governmental body.

Take a look at http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvfaq.html (towards the bottom) for a listing of those documents that will be needed when she goes for her interview.

Welcome dogderf dude. well you have already been advised from the best so not much i can add. When we went to the interview we had aound 8 notorial certs. when you get the P3 from GUZ there will be a list of things you will need for the next step-until then relax and enjoy the ride.

you fiancee, much like many of ours, will continue to know more than you and will continue to keep you on your toes--even if not all of what she knows about the process is 100% correct--WARNING!! WARNING--don't tell her she may not be correct!

Greeetings.  My fiancee & I are waiting for the 2nd packet and she has a question I can't answer.  She is asking about a document called the Notarial document.  She has heard from others that it is vital for her interview.  I have no idea what it is.  She seems to have 2 copies of it, whatever it is, and thinks one should have been sent to the embassy or NVC or somewhere.  She is quite worried and until I know what she's referring to, I can't help.  Any thoughts or assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Fred

151076[/snapback]

Fred is waiting for P4 (including the interview appointment date), a couple of weeks ahead of us (another friend from www.robbsnanningsite.com. You may get it in the next couple of weeks, guy. If not, then most likely early October for a November interview.

To make sure that you are in the queue, go to Guangzhou email and inquire as to the status of your case. They should tell you you are "Waiting to be scheduled for Interview", provided nothing is missing. If something is missing, they will tell you.

I got a personalized response in 4 hours this morning - they are usually very quick.

Welcome to CFL.

Welcome Fred. I like that name since one of my oldest friends has a saying when negotiating. "Go ahead and name your price. I call mine Fred". As others have said, notatorial certificates are translated documents certified by a Chinese notary that they are accurate and authentic translations of things like birth cerificates, divorce decrees, police checks and single certificates. Usually they take around 2 weeks to get and cost around 75 dollars depending on where your SO lives.

Fred,

Welcome to CFL, I won't be redundant with my advice... seems you are getting plenty of good input... relax and enjoy the rest of the ride.....

Best wishes

Greeetings.  My fiancee & I are waiting for the 2nd packet and she has a question I can't answer.  She is asking about a document called the Notarial document.  She has heard from others that it is vital for her interview.  I have no idea what it is.  She seems to have 2 copies of it, whatever it is, and thinks one should have been sent to the embassy or NVC or somewhere.  She is quite worried and until I know what she's referring to, I can't help.  Any thoughts or assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Fred

151076[/snapback]

Hello Everyone-

I am extremely thankful (and a little overwhelmed) by the quick responses and helpful words of encouragement. As Randy mentioned, my fiancee and I are waiting for the "interview" packet. I am anxiously awaiting the good news. As for my original question, I think my lady was concerned because apparently she has 2 copies of the same document and thinks one should have been sent in to GZ already. But I think my lawyer was just being redundant with the documentation. We shall see. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again and good luck to us all.

Fred

These documents will be collected either at the medical or her interview. Make sure you have these documents from her Notary office, including a certified English translation of these:

1. Birth certificate

2. Single certificate and/or divorce decree

3. Police report, less than 6 months old at time of interview.

Make sure keep one copy of the birth certicate, you will need it later here in the USA.