vaccine supplement shots

The form is indeed ambiguous and says you may submit the supplement:

"...If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a

medical examination within the past year as required for

the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to

submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical

report. You may include the vaccination supplement

with your adjustment of status application..."

I went ahead and included the supplement, sealed in an envelope by the civil surgeon, with the I-485.

We didn't take any chances. Included it with the AOS app paperwork last week.

Wei had gotten her immunizations in China before coming here, because it was cheaper, but we still had to pay $100 to get the civil surgeon to sign off on it. I think others in here have pointed out that a lot of them still aren't up on the K-1 process, requiring the immunization supplement only, so be sure to bring some documentation along showing that your SO only needs that...and not the full immigration medical examination.

The form is indeed ambiguous and says you may submit the supplement:

"...If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a

medical examination within the past year as required for

the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to

submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical

report. You may include the vaccination supplement

with your adjustment of status application..."

I went ahead and included the supplement, sealed in an envelope by the civil surgeon, with the I-485.

150311[/snapback]

In fact, while were at the CS office, another K-1 couple (spouse from Thailand) was in there to get the supplement because they got an RFE for it after submitting their AOS application. This was on 8/19.

So, this may be another case of the word "may" is being interpreted by DHS as "must".

We didn't send the supplement in with our I-485, but it was asked for at the interview(as it turned out was a benefit for us). I would venture to say the safe way is to send it in with the I-485. Do ask the Civil Surgeon to make a copy for you of it before sealing in the envelope, Not that the USCIS has every lost anything....... :D

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
We didn't send the supplement in with our I-485, but it was asked for at the interview(as it turned out was a benefit for us). I would venture to say the safe way is to send it in with the I-485. Do ask the Civil Surgeon to make a copy for you of it before sealing in the envelope, Not that the USCIS has every lost anything....... :D

150356[/snapback]

Good idea to ask for a copy. I hadn't thought of that, but they gave us one anyway.

150356[/snapback]

Good idea to ask for a copy. I hadn't thought of that, but they gave us one anyway.

150359[/snapback]

I checked around in the Queens, NY area, the fees for doing the vaccine supplemental form range from $60 to $180.

:beer: What a rip off some of these doctor trying to charge!!!

Does my SO need to have shots before her interview at Guz next week or is it something that can wait until she gets the k1  Visa for the AOS process.

151520[/snapback]

It is cheaper to have them done in China, just be sure that they are documented(translated?) so that it can be used here. The immunizations are not needed as part of the medical for guanzhou.

Does my SO need to have shots before her interview at Guz next week or is it something that can wait until she gets the k1  Visa for the AOS process.

151520[/snapback]

I would wait until you have the visa in hand and then get the shots but first check with your employer's health plan to see if they would cover it once she gets here and you have her on it. We had ours done on the island after we got the visa approved. As I recall it was around 400 RMB. They will give you a little yellow book that has a list of all the vaccinations given.

151520[/snapback]

I would wait until you have the visa in hand and then get the shots but first check with your employer's health plan to see if they would cover it once she gets here and you have her on it. We had ours done on the island after we got the visa approved. As I recall it was around 400 RMB. They will give you a little yellow book that has a list of all the vaccinations given.

151524[/snapback]

:o

My wife had the vaccination shots done at the Samian Island right after she got her K1 visa.

We went to a civil surgeon in Queens today, the doctor's assistance process the paper work and it only took her 10 minutes to complete the I-693A (vaccination suplement form), and put it in a sealed envelop. The fee was $60 paid in cash only. Our insurance does not cover this type of care. We only needed to bring her passport and the yellow vaccination book. No additional shots were given.

Make sure to ask for a copy of the I-693A.