Any May or June P3s getting interviews?

Judging by the postings, April P3 registered dates were scheduled in September. Does anyone know of any P3s after April scheduled for interviews?

I wish I knew about this forum when I started. I paid a relatively hefty fee to a law firm that promised "we all do the work" and "quicker interview time". The result is just the opposite. A 9 month process is turning into 11 or 12 months.

When the attorney waited 3 weeks to notify me the P3 had been mailed (original never received..at least in China) I started searching the web and found this site.

Thanks to all who have been so generous in sharing information. Special thanks to David for extensive and informative postings.

-- K1 Timeline --

11-09-2004.... Attorney sent petition to USCIS

11-18-2004.... USCIS registered receipt

02-02-2005.... Cleared NVC

04-08-2005.... GZ mailed P3

04-29-2005.... Attorney notified P3 mailed - never received

05-03-2005.... Attorney request GZ resend P3

05-17-2005.... SO receives P3 in China

05-23-2005.... P3 mailed to GZ

05-24-2005... Petitioner receives P3 in US with original letter

06-06-2005.... GZ posts P3 on computer

WAITING FOR P4/INTERVIEW

Edited by mrjones (see edit history)

The last interview group was over a two week period while they got their P4's for September Interviews. Based on that data, in which their P3's were mostly from March 12 to April 27 with one last one with a date of May 16. It is assumed that the next group could possibly be starting next week for the rest of April through May P3 dates. The spread usually averages 30-50 days of each P3 group. What this boils down to is expect at least a 150 day wait from your P3 letter date to your Interview date on average based on the latest trend.

Or you could get lucky and see less, but I wouldn't count on it just yet while we wait for evidence of a true decrease in wait times..

To guestimate if you might be in the October Interview list, you can subtract 60 days from the last working date of October, which is next week, and then see if that date is within 100 to 120 days from your P3 letter date.

We have seen as little as 80 days from the P3 to P4 letter dates ( that was for the May P3), but it is still up in the air if this will continue downwards.

Since you have 5/17/05 down for P3 date, and if you have passed the name check, one would think it likely you could get a P4 soon and Interview date within the mid-October interview assignments.

The last interview group was over a two week period while they got their P4's for September Interviews. Based on that data, in which their P3's were mostly from March 12 to April 27 with one last one with a date of May 16. It is assumed that the next group could possibly be starting next week for the rest of April through May P3 dates. The spread usually averages 30-50 days of each P3 group. What this boils down to is expect at least a 150 day wait from your P3 letter date to your Interview date on average based on the latest trend.

Or you could get lucky and see less, but I wouldn't count on it just yet while we wait for evidence of a true decrease in wait times..

To guestimate if you might be in the October Interview list, you can subtract 60 days from the last working date of October, which is next week, and then see if that date is within 100 to 120 days from your P3 letter date.

We have seen as little as 80 days from the P3 to P4 letter dates ( that was for the May P3), but it is still up in the air if this will continue downwards.

Since you have 5/17/05 down for P3 date, and if you have passed the name check, one would think it likely you could get a P4 soon and Interview date within the mid-October interview assignments.

149911[/snapback]

Do you think TV's Mr. Wizard was a Gemini?

He so was!

149911[/snapback]

Thanks for the response. Actually, the original P3 package had a cover letter date of April 8, 2005. That package should have gone to, but was never received in, Shaoxing. A second mailing request to the GZ embassy resulted in the P3 arriving in Shaoxing on 5/17/05.

According to DOS, all name clearances have been completed and we were cleared for an interview on 6/6/05. That is the same date our P3 was entered into the computer system. This makes me suspect that the inteview schedules are mainly based on the date the P3 enters the system.

Although our P3 was originally mailed on April 8, I think our interview date will be based on June 6. I am afraid we will have a November interview which is a two month delay in the process.

Of course the attorney claims there is no delay and that his firm is doing a great job. :D

-- K1 Timeline --

WAITING FOR P4/INTERVIEW

149911[/snapback]

Thanks for the response. Actually, the original P3 package had a cover letter date of April 8, 2005. That package should have gone to, but was never received in, Shaoxing. A second mailing request to the GZ embassy resulted in the P3 arriving in Shaoxing on 5/17/05.

According to DOS, all name clearances have been completed and we were cleared for an interview on 6/6/05. That is the same date our P3 was entered into the computer system. This makes me suspect that the inteview schedules are mainly based on the date the P3 enters the system.

Although our P3 was originally mailed on April 8, I think our interview date will be based on June 6. I am afraid we will have a November interview which is a two month delay in the process.

Of course the attorney claims there is no delay and that his firm is doing a great job. :D

-- K1 Timeline --

WAITING FOR P4/INTERVIEW

150108[/snapback]

well, the good news is....... there is light at the end of the tunnel. You are at a good point and if everything goes well from here forward you will have your interview before the end of the year (hopefully November) and will start a new life with your SO in the good old USA....

Keep us posted and good luck!!

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)
Judging by the postings, April P3 registered dates were scheduled in September. Does anyone know of any P3s after April scheduled for interviews?

I wish I knew about this forum when I started. I paid a relatively hefty fee to a law firm that promised "we all do the work" and "quicker interview time". The result is just the opposite. A 9 month process is turning into 11 or 12 months.

When the attorney waited 3 weeks to notify me the P3 had been mailed (original never received..at least in China) I started searching the web and found this site.

Thanks to all who have been so generous in sharing information. Special thanks to David for extensive and informative postings.

-- K1 Timeline --

WAITING FOR P4/INTERVIEW

149821[/snapback]

I have traveled your road only worse. Hired attorney started process Sept 23rd and finally got Guangzhou number May 18th but not acknowledged by Guangzhou until July and now still in name check. I am about 340 days and counting. Attorney says to be patient. Ha!

Whoooooo hoooo!! End of May P3 -- End of October interview.  Just got the word from DOS today.  Thanks for all your help CFL!   

;)

150900[/snapback]

hey, great news.... Congratulations... it is nice to have that date!!!

good luck with the interview....

Whoooooo hoooo!! End of May P3 -- End of October interview.  Just got the word from DOS today.  Thanks for all your help CFL!   

:clapping:

150900[/snapback]

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline. I'll call DOS today to see if we are also scheduled. Your process went relatively smoothly with barely more than 7 months from application to interview.

Our P3 went into the computer on June 6 so I don't know if it was close enough to May for us to make an October interview.

Doug, unfortunately a July eligibility suggests a December interview.

-- K1 Timeline --

WAITING FOR P4/INTERVIEW