Passed AOS Interview!!

We passed our AOS Interview today!!! The IO was very pleasant. We are 2 days shy of our 2 year anniversary. The IO offered to submit our papers after the 2 year so Jen would get the 10 year Green Card. One slight snag is Jen's daughter turned 14 during this process so what she didn't before (fingerprint, medical exam, and security check) are now needed. The security check is not completed. She will need to wait until the check is completed before getting her Green Card.

Here's what we prepared for the interview (With some help and advice from our CFL family. I still don't know how we would have made it through this without CFL. Thanks!!!):

- Updated I-864

- Copy of submitted I-485

- All fingerprints and medical exam requests and responses

- 3 year tax transcript

- Employment letter

- Pay stubs

- Copy of all EAD documents

- Birth Certificate of our baby son

- Copy of life, home, and auto insurance policies

- Loans and bank statements

- Pictures of our wedding, reception, baby shower, trips, and other family stuff

Here's what the IO asked for:

- Birth Certificate of our baby son

Here's the questions:

Is he your son together (we brought our baby to the interview)?

Was he born here?

When is his birthday?

Who do you work for?

What do you do?

That was it!

My advice if you are going for the AOS interview is still to prepare everything! It seems there are so much variation between each offices and even each IO. I think if you are prepared, they know it and will not ask so much.

Good luck to those of you who will be interviewing. If you have any questions, please post or send me email. We are very happy to have one more milestone done! Looks like the Citizenship is next.

I remmeber the AOS interview like it was last May. Can you say CLOSURE???? Don't it feel goooooooooooooooooooddd????????

149313[/snapback]

Except when you are approved, but the security check isn't complete. Therefore, you walk away empty handed and with no information as to when it will be.