Why did you decide to marry outside your culture?

First marriage was American-Italian, lasted 6 years. She was more interested in herself than anything else. Even blew off our baby son sometimes to go out with friends. A few years alone then met a Philipino gal, lasted 12 years. She was interested only in money found another man with a bigger wallet.

Wasn't looking for any one, then, just grazing through some ot the internet dating sites out of being nosey, I found Yanlan took a few months to get the nerve to try internet dating, turned out to be the best thing I ever did. Even if she is in China. Her English in not very good but conversational, my Mandarin poor, but getting closer. If you love someone you try!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we really make a big deal about culture. Hell we live in America. Thats what it is all about. One of the great 4 freedoms we cherish is freedom of choice. How many of us married the same person from our nationality stock? Probably less then 10% of us. My ex-wife is German-Irish. My new future wife is Chinese. She does not look at me as an Italian-American but as an American Man. Ni shi Mei Guo Ren.

Edited by Thomas Promise (see edit history)