Sorry but I don't see what you guys are talking about. I see happy Chinese men- Chinese women couples everywhere around me. Chinese women that marry foreign men are definatly in a very small, not visible, minority. Admitedly, my own situation is even less visible....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't see what you guys are talking about. I see happy Chinese men- Chinese women couples everywhere around me. Chinese women that marry foreign men are definatly in a very small, not visible, minority. Admitedly, my own situation is even less visible....

148732[/snapback]

I think the original article quoting 20% was speaking of Asian Americans. Not a global statistic.

148732[/snapback]

You must have your own set of experiences that are unique only to you. Is your story posted here?

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

148732[/snapback]

You must have your own set of experiences that are unique only to you. Is your story posted here?

148739[/snapback]

I believe she is refering to being an white american woman married to a chinese man.

148732[/snapback]

148739[/snapback]

I believe she is refering to being an white american woman married to a chinese man.

148742[/snapback]

yes, this what I thought she was referring to, as well. It would be interesting to hear her story.

148732[/snapback]

148739[/snapback]

148742[/snapback]

yes, this what I thought she was referring to, as well. It would be interesting to hear her story.

148744[/snapback]

You are correct Gene, that's what I'm referring to. My story? You mean the one about how I moved to China, met my fiance and fell in love?? Not much more to it... you might want to check out my website. If interested send me a PM.

I always find it interesting that as soon as a person does not act properly conditioned they are said to have a syndrome or affliction. Yet the conditioned response dictated by society to perpetuate itself or assure stability is simply regarded as right or proper.

Mix exoticism with middle age crises and you will get all kinds of gossip. Why isn't it called middle age readjustment? Then it lacks a negative conotation.

How about the women in CFL. They can't be victims of exoticism because they are not males? On that J is safe on two counts and our Afro-American & Asian-American brothers here are also. Seems like a selective condition that may be spreading into another gender and races.

How often is reality twisted to fit a label?

I always find it interesting that as soon as a person does not act properly conditioned they are said to have a syndrome or affliction. Yet the conditioned response dictated by society to perpetuate itself or assure stability is simply regarded as right or proper.

Mix exoticism with middle age crises and you will get all kinds of gossip. Why isn't it called middle age readjustment? Then it lacks a negative conotation.

How about the women in CFL. They can't be victims of exoticism because they are not males? On that J is safe on two counts and our Afro-American & Asian-American brothers here are also. Seems like a selective condition that may be spreading into another gender and races.

How often is reality twisted to fit a label?

148752[/snapback]

Yes Dan, we can all call ourselves Exoticist, no, not just us middle aged white guys, even Amber and any man of ethnicity other than us white dudes. And why not? We search for love outside the box. I'm sure many of us have had failed marriages.

And, so what if it's a mid-life crises. Geeze, who give a s**t. It's our crises to deal with as we want! Whether it be a mid-life thing or simply a seach for true love, devotion and companionship from some exotic women or man, it doesn't really matter.

148732[/snapback]

We are talking about the divorced ones whom most of us have connected with. There are plenty of those as well.

A Chinese friend at work was giving me a hard time at work for "stealing Chinese women", until I pointed out how many were available and un-wanted because of the divorce stigma.

Chinese people are always supportive of what I am doing, aside from an occasional comment like, "He probably beat her", or "She's desperate" - this from people who don't know her at all.

Unwanted, divorced women seem to be especially common in Guangxi.

This seems to be just another reason that many Chinese woman seem to harbor resentment towards Chinese men.

148644[/snapback]

Seems to be a 'resentment' circle:

What I have heard, Asian woman are resentful toward the men for their attitudes and behavior, so seek foreign men. Chinese men are resentful towards the ever dwindling number of available chinese woman going to foreign men...

148657[/snapback]

oh come on David, you're much too intelligent than that for that comment, and you are being trite. Asian men of child bearing age are quite often only childs themselves, especially if they were born post 1970 where only one child per family was enacted into law.

The circle of resentment is when these men force their wives to abort their female daughter, because they must have to have a son to carry on their family name. This circle is further perpetuated when these men toss their wives aside to pursue young child bearing women, thus leaving their former wives bitter and resolved never to marry another Chinese man again, while at the same time being told of continous tales of how loving and loyal us west men are.

You have read my journal and you can read between those line....you are too astute not to realize the true circle of resentment.

My SO's experience typifies life in China that result from the Chinese policy of only one child per family.