Once the visa is ready...

How many of you are from Shanghai area? My daughter is 19 (looks like 15) and I was with her when she went for interview on 8/29. I hate to see her go alone. I wonder why GZ can't mail it like in Russia saving all of us trips to GZ? If we have to go, maybe my daughter can follow any of you if we have similiar time frame. I don't like the idea of letting her go there alone. Sending a relative to go with her is another pure way of wasting my after-tax money. We can coordinate if we happened to receive the notice at the same time. You may email me at following address:

chklein@comcast.net

FYI: I have been in this country for 13 years and married to an American husband for a long time. If you are heading the path of inter-racial marriage, mine could be a success story to tell (so far), although there has been a lot of adjustments and comprimises on both sides. However, it is well worth the effort! Good luck to you all.

Charlotte

Pennsylvania/Shanghai

Hello Charlotte,

I hope you can find someone that your daughter can go with. My wife lives in Dalian so that would be no help.

Thank you for now telling us a little bit about who you are. The next time you come to the chat room on G7 if I am in the room I will respond to you and try to get you included in the fun (I chat as possum). It is pretty hard to get any attention in there, they have like a clubhouse kind of attitude.

- Robert

Hi Charlotte,

Is your daughter going to fly to USA alone when she gets her visa? I am wondering how GZ is going to issue the visa. An appointment or drop by there any time. I was hoping that GZ will be flexible enough (schedule) for us in picking up the visa any time. I was planing to go GZ (with my fiancee) to pick up the visa and then leave there for USA. Hopefully, I can do that. If not, she has to fly to GZ to pick up the visa herself from Nanning. Waste of our money and time.

Good luck.

--Tony :rolleyes:

How many of you are from Shanghai area?  My daughter is 19 (looks like 15)  and I was with her when she went for interview on 8/29.  I hate to see her go alone.  I wonder why GZ can't mail it like in Russia saving all of us trips to GZ? If we have to go, maybe my daughter can follow any of you if we have similiar time frame.  I don't like the idea of letting her go there alone.  Sending a relative to go with her is another pure way of wasting my after-tax money.  We can coordinate if we happened to receive the notice at the same time.  You may email me at following address: 

chklein@comcast.net

FYI: I have been in this country for 13 years and married to an American husband for a long time.  If you are heading the path of inter-racial marriage, mine could be a success story to tell (so far), although there has been a lot of adjustments and comprimises on both sides.  However, it is well worth the effort!  Good luck to you all. 

Charlotte

Pennsylvania/Shanghai

Hi Charlotte

My fiancee Yuhui is in Shanghai. She interviewed Aug 1

What I told her last night is that perhaps the Shanghai folks should get together and send only ONE person to GZ to pick up the visas. In Russia, a simple signed letter was apparently sufficient.

This way, cost can be shared and we don't have to rely on mail

just an idea

wow, you are clever Eric!

...will your fiancee willing to be the one? :rolleyes:

hi Charlotte, nice to meet you here, I am in Shanghai too, holding white slip since this Nov.

wow, you are clever Eric!

...will your fiancee willing to be the one? :rolleyes:

hi Charlotte, nice to meet you here, I am in Shanghai too, holding white slip since this Nov.

Enight, maybe you or one of the 001 team can contact GZ and propose Eric's idea. There were a lot of JMs who left an envelope and took their passport home with them.

-Don H

what's needed is for each to sign an authorization letter naming whomever will go to GZ, that give permission to retrieve visas.

Doesn't make sense to me for dozens of ppl to go there.

And GZ would probably say OK to avoid 15 ppl standing in line and only have one.

We can ask them like... Gee guys...we don't want to clog the consulate.. so we're sending a pickup courier

what's needed is for each to sign an authorization letter naming whomever will go to GZ, that give permission to retrieve visas.

We really don't know how GZ would handle these visas. I think they would be cautious in giving out so many visas to one person. What happens if they get lost or stolen? Can they be replace easily?

-- Tony :rolleyes: