need help cr-1 and p-4 question

hi my wife called and said the p-4 says she needs the i-864 and employee letter, and 3 most recent tax papers, but i gave the originals to the ncv, and paid the fees, and they sent them to to the consulate with rest of the papers, so the nvc says she does not need them, i sent a e-mail to the Consulate with no reply yet, what do you guys think? i cant sent her the originals as stated in the p-4, cause i sent them to the nvc. thanks Keith

You sent original tax forms? Just make out another I-864, be sure to have it notorized, send copies of the last three years tax forms and maybe order transcripts from the IRS to back them up. Then get your employer to give you another letter.

The more current you can get for all of theses the better anyway.

I agree... error on the CYA side...

here is a note I have in the FAQ, so don't be surprise if they want one thing and not another...

"If the I-864 went through NVC and is up to date for the current tax year nothing else is needed. IF it is not then the new tax return W/ W-2's is required. (Note: I did get a new I-864 w/ 2004 taxes notarized at the Shanghai Con. and they did NOT want it- just a copy of the 2004 tax return/W-2's.) "

seems the interest for the I-864's show an interesting point, like they are trying to wear you down.... make copies of the pertinent information on the I-864 and keep it handy, then you won't have to re-create the information every time..... it looks like my timeline will send me into next year and they will want an updated one for the 2005 year....

I remember a bumper sticker, it said........ kill all the lawyers first

:)

I can see their point of view. Put yourself in the VO's place. Asking the applicant for the I-864 will show alot to the VO, ie., preparedness, thoroughness, willingness, honesty, etc.,,,. Not only that but they might not have the I-864 handy so it is much easier to ask the applicant for it should they have an interest in seeing the form.

The chances of it being held against the applicant is slim. Being an alpha designated post, the I-864 isn't mandatory at the interview but you want to appease these people as much as possible. Any other IV post that is not alpha designated, it is imperatve that the applicant have the I-864 on hand.

Does that make sense?....... :)

This is a CR1 interview, and the P4 says to bring a I-864.. what more mandatory notice does one need? Unless they get a reply from GUZ email saying you don't need it.

If they say to bring one, bring one. If they then don't ask to look at it, then don't give it.

Go with what you know right now... P4 says bring one.

don't forget to get it notarized!!!

This is a CR1 interview, and the P4 says to bring a I-864.. what more mandatory notice does one need? Unless they get a reply from GUZ email saying you don't need it.

If they say to bring one, bring one.  If they then don't ask to look at it, then don't give it. 

146497[/snapback]

That's the first time I have heard that one. Maybe so. Where did you learn that tid-bit of info from?

This is a CR1 interview, and the P4 says to bring a I-864.. what more mandatory notice does one need?   Unless they get a reply from GUZ email saying you don't need it.

If they say to bring one, bring one.  If they then don't ask to look at it, then don't give it.    

146497[/snapback]

That's the first time I have heard that one. Maybe so. Where did you learn that tid-bit of info from?

146503[/snapback]

I'm must taking it off the OP...

This is a CR1 interview, and the P4 says to bring a I-864.. what more mandatory notice does one need?   Unless they get a reply from GUZ email saying you don't need it.

146497[/snapback]

146503[/snapback]

I'm must taking it off the OP...

146507[/snapback]

I feel like a newbie here..........what is OP?