Information to include in Medical Envelope

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is pretty clear that the Medical staff will only put the required items in the package before sealing it...

take all the other stuff with you, in case it's asked for.... and have some cheetos while you're waiting.....

It's settled then?

P-4 and only P-4 stuff goes with the envelope the medical staff will assemble.

Everything else should be carried by your SO in clear, tabbed, sorted folders easy to find. Your SO must be clear on what stuff is where and what it's called. If she doesn't understand the VO's question, ask for clarification as in "Sorry, pardon do you want the ...?"

Reminder, you cannot take kitchen sinks, cell phones, umbrellas, electronic translators or almost anything else inside the embassy.

It's settled then? 

P-4 and only P-4 stuff goes with the envelope the medical staff will assemble. 

Everything else should be carried by your SO in clear, tabbed, sorted folders easy to find.  Your SO must be clear on what stuff is where and what it's called.  If she doesn't understand the VO's question, ask for clarification as in "Sorry, pardon do you want the ...?"

Reminder, you cannot take kitchen sinks, cell phones, umbrellas, electronic translators or almost anything else inside the embassy.

146560[/snapback]

I guess I disagree..

At P3 there were documents to collect.. they should also be included.

The P4 should include a document stating what is taken to the medical.. go by this document.. and bring everything, just in case.

I think it is pretty clear that the Medical staff will only put the required items in the package before sealing it...

take all the other stuff with you, in case it's asked for....  and have some cheetos while you're waiting.....

146514[/snapback]

I agree with Hank, except to say that you probably won't need any Cheetos. :D

One thing we did, however, was to assemble a folder of every "official filing and correspondence" that preceded the interview. This included copies of the I-129, NOA'a, e-mails to/from the consulate, etc. None of this was needed, but, hey, what's an extral pound of stuff when you've already got 5 founds of documents to take inside the consulate. :P

great suggestion Frank, the folders seem to be a great idea for separating the documents into an easily retrievable method.

I just want to break this down to two stages:

1) Having the exam

2) Providing papers for the envelope

For the former, just to be able to have the exam, the beneficiary MUST have four (4) passport pictures , passport, and P4 appointment letter.

If any of those are not on hand, you might not be able to start the medical exam. If your K3 / CR1, I'd suggest you at least have the marriage cert. They'll need to also know for sure how to advise you on vaccinations or not.

If there is anything missing from the 'envelope' perspective, the medical staff will tell you.. and in most cases, tell you where or how to resolve it. You can retrieve any needed items after the exam and before pickup.

Frank posted in another thread ( http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=146612 ) that they went back much later (weeks) to pickup the results... So you can give yourself as much time in between as you can.

When in doubt, call the hospital.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

---

Here is one CR1s example of what was put in...

Paperwork put in package for GUZ at 1st People's on 6-13-05 for a CR-1

Two MORE (total of 4) photos

DS-230 Part II

Divorce document (IMMIGRANT'S only)

Police

Marriage

birth certs

A COPY of the bio. pages of the passport- actual PP was checked and returned (if applicable police record)

Family Composition form (for 16 and older)

medical exam certification sheet

Also received the xray.

---

Hopefully with all the sept interviews, many will report back on various steps and what was done. It would be great to be detailed on such things as the medical, etc.

So, here is what I have pieced together as the minimum to make sure you have with you for the Medical:

Medical:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (do not sign); attached two passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 additional pics)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (sign)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (sign)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (signed)

f. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) If any shot records on hand, bring (CR1/CR2)

8) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

Added DS-157...

Added photos attached to DS-156

Added shot record comment

Added Cert. of legal capacity and Intent to Marry

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Medical envelop received! what a day!

I am sure she had the DS-157 with her. That was one of the forms we filled in together. But it was too late at night to ask her for details.

She did say that the people at the hospital were very helpful and also commented that our papers seemed to be well organized. They did not expect any problems :)

The doctors wished her good luck! (she says she is a "good luck person")

feeling relived the day is over with!

She went to the one in Guangzhou that was RMB600 rather than RMB800. I forget what the name of the place is.

Edited by wulongtea (see edit history)
Medical envelop received! what a day!

I am sure she had the DS-157 with her. That was one of the forms we filled in together. But it was too late at night to ask her for details.

She did say that the people at the hospital were very helpful and also commented that our papers seemed to be well organized. They did not expect any problems :)

The doctors wished her good luck! (she says she is a "good luck person")

feeling relived the day is over with!

She went to the one in Guangzhou that was RMB600 rather than RMB800. I forget what the name of the place is.

149231[/snapback]

sounds great, we'll be looking forward to your next update!!!