Seems like lots of questions come up about children applying for K2/K-4 visa. One was requirement for G325 during application (no but not really stated anywhere)

Looking at the P4 paperwork we are not sure what forms to fill out just once for both or which require two different applications.

I know for example that I needed two notarized 134 applications (one for fiancee and one for her daughter).

Anyone else have insights as to requirements for children? Did not see specific FAQ regarding this. Maybe if people post their knowledge here we can create a link

We were K-3/K-4 so all of the paperwork came in the P-3 but basicly anything that was filled out for the K-3 should be filled out for the K-4. There are some things with the medical exam that are different like no chest X-Ray for under 14 yo. Also it is important to have the proof of custody, my wife's divorce stated she had custody, but we also got a notorized letter from her sons father stating it was OK for him to come to America. Neither of which she was asked for, but other people have been.

Here is a thread I started on visas for children:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...1599&hl=k2&st=0

Here is what I have collected on K2:

K2:

I. Petition to USCIS:

I-129F:

The child of a fiance(e) may receive a derivative K-2 visa from his/her parent's fiance(e) petition. You, the American citizen petitioner, must make sure that you name the child in the I-129F petition.

G-325a:

Nowhere on the I-129F or even the I-130 does it call for the G-325A for a child. The age span I listed (14-79) came off the I-485 concerning the G-325A. The adjustment of status AOS process calls for the G-325A in that age span.

Passport Picture:

Just for the record- stepdaughter's I-130 approved WITHOUT pictures or G-325A's

Birth Certificate:

Not needed

II. Visa application to Consulate

P3:

Security Clearance:

If the applicant, since attaining the age of 16, has resided for six months or more in a country other than the one of visa application, the security clearance procedures used in immigrant visa cases are to be followed.

DS-230, part I:

Instruction Page: Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

My wife sent back one 0F-169 for both of them and two DS-230 forms, one for her and one for her son.

P4:

DS-156:

If the applicant is to be accompanied by a minor child or children, Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application, in duplicate, is required for each child.

Medical Exam:

An accompanying child requires a medical examination. No chest X-ray or serologic tests are required if the child is under 15 years of age.

Just make copies of the blank medical forms she got and use them for the daughter also. Guangzhou says copies are OK

Contact the hospital in GZ and they said they have blank forms. Also, if you are in GZ and planning to do the medical check in GZ before the interview, you can stop in the consulate and get blank forms.

Birth Certificate:

An accompanying child requires a birth certificate.

Police Record:

If a child is 16 years of age or over, police certificates are required.

Fees:

Pay fee for medical exam.

Pay fee for visa.

III. Interview

Notarized proof of full custody

Financial Guidelines:

A K visa applicant and any accompanying children must meet the public charge requirement of INA 212(a)(15) like any other visa applicant.

Recommended to provide I-134 for child.

Birth Certificate:

An accompanying child requires a birth certificate.

Passport:

An accompanying child requires a valid passport (or may be included in the parent's passport).

The children may be included in the principal alien's visa or issued separate visas if they present separate passports. In the latter instance, the name of the principal alien is to be written immediately below the lower margin of the visa; for example, "Principal alien: Mary Brown".

IV. Visa Issuance:

The K-1 and K-2 visas shall be valid for six months for one entry.

Visa Issuance, travel with parent:

Any documents for accompanying children are to be enclosed in the envelope containing the parent's documentation

Visa Issuance for "follow to join":

In the case of children following-to-join the principal alien who are entitled to K-2 classification, the required documents are to be placed in an envelope together with a copy of the approved K visa petition. A notation of the principal alien's name and date of visa issuance is to be made immediately below the lower margin of the visa stamp. For example, "Principal alien: Mary Brown, K-1 visa issued November 16, 2000."

V. Adjustment of Status:

A child under 14 doesn't need to include the G-325 or the fingerprint fee. Other than that the AOS filing is the same.

VI. Travel:

VII. More Info:

9 FAM 41.81 NOTES

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941081N.pdf

9 FAM 41.81 Procedural Notes

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941081PN.pdf

---

I've started this for K2, K4, CR2... have previously stated I don't have time to go further and if anyone wants to try to finish it, I could help guide as needed..

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)