A Suggestion

i have been thinking since i read jason's computer simulation. whether or not this simulation is accurate, it does seem clear that by using a randomized system, the last august case will only be cleared many months down the road, especially since new names get added to the pool every day.

from reading this board, it also seems clear that many people find randomness to be illogical and unjust.

therefore, i think we might want to call for an end to randomized clearances and demand that cases be processed according to date of interview.

i realize such a request might run counter to the interests of some people, especially those who had later interviews, such as in november or december. however, it is a more fair way, and december folks might find themselves backlogged in the future if dos/fbi/cia (whoever) continues to employ this inefficient method.

I think we have to believe that the input for the check is not random except, perhaps, for the black hole folks. Remember that they are doing a security check and that hits that show up have to be investigated. So I do not see how the output can be anything other than random. There are bound to be other factors that effect the output order including who the people are that are working on making the computer entries. I don't think that asking for an ordered output will do anything but slow the whole process down.

With that said, I don't see why all the checks re-submitted last month should not be finished promptly before any others are done are submitted.

I have faxed Harty requesting that all the visas for July, Aug, and Sept interviewees be issued and the checks completed later. I know it won't happen but I am pretty sure she has the power to do it.

the truth is, we're all really confused about how they are conducting the name check process. all we really have are theories. but what is clear is that there is a problem, at least with the black hole group. maybe what we should call for is priority being given to black holers.

the truth is, we're all really confused about how they are conducting the name check process.  all we really have are theories.  but what is clear is that there is a problem, at least with the black hole group.  maybe what we should call for is priority being given to black holers.

I am as confused about this as anyone Ana. I am, in fact, so confused I no longer have any theories about it. Whatever the cause, it is veiled in a shroud of secrecy. This issue of randomness, as well as the unfairness of the selection process, is one of the major issues I hope to address in GZ on the 10th of February. Don't know if I will get any straight answers or not. But at least I'm going to try.

I gave up all hope of trying to figure any of this out when the lady in my congressman's office just came out and told me that she has no idea how the namecheck thing goes and who all is involved. As I posted earlier she has been working on these things for almost 10 years and has had very little effect in finding out things and helping. This is the same lady who called me in China so I believe she really is trying. If our government people don't know what is going is there any hope for us pathetic plebians!!!!!!! :( :( :o