Question about email from GUZ

I just sent an email to GUZ asking when my SO's interview would be. They wrote back after about 30 minutes saying, "Based on our current schedule, it appears her interview will occur in about

3-4 months." I have seen several of y'all that sent your P3's in about the same time I did (end of April) and you already have your interview scheduled. Is this just a typical BS response from GUZ, or should I be worried?

I had been expecting September or October. This worries me because I am leaving China in 10 days to start a great job in the US. I thought we would be apart for maybe a month. I don't think I can stand it if it's 3 to 4 months.

Thanks so much for what you said... I am sitting here about to have a breakdown... SO MUCH STRESS!!! I am already stressed out about the new job... They contacted me out of the blue last week and made me an offer I can't refuse, but they are dragging their feet on the official offer due to paper work stuff (they told me that the job is mine, they are just waiting on the background check to come through)... As I am waiting, I am trying to book a flight, but they are filling up and the prices are going through the roof... Then I get this response from GUZ...

OK, I'll just hold my breath and hope for the best, and not mention the response from GUZ.

I just wrote GUZ again and asked them if there was a problem. They wrote back "The Immigrant Visa Units regrets the delays you have experienced. Due to increased security checks required for immigrants arising from post 9/11 changes to the IV process, nearly 10,000 cases were held up pending name checks before they could be interviewed. Added to this were recent biometric and facial recognition requirements that have further reduced the number of cases we can process per day. As a result of these circumstances, the current backlog for a visa interview from the document qualified date is approximately five months. Your document qualified date is June 21, 2005.

My question to you all is, what does that last sentence mean? What is the document qualified date?

call DOS, GUZ has been setting interview schedules with may p3 dates already. according to 001 there are 4 people with a p3 date of early may and they got interview dates yesterday (china time) and my p3 date was april 28th and got a interview date for early sept just this morning and this is fast because GUZ lost 2 of her forms and asked her to resend the p3!! and it arrived in GUZ on may 11th!

143651[/snapback]

But DOS doesn't know anything, until entered in the GUZ computer. The interview date is the first thing that fits that bill.

And they are much easier to get information from.

If i were you i would call DOS the first week of October , this is 3 months and 1 week since your p3 date, this is the time is took for me to get a date from DOS.

143690[/snapback]

I'll definitely be watching here and calling there as soon as it looks iminnent based on this information.

Thanks

try the standard squeaky wheel routine (email) about once every 2 weeks, perhaps they will look for a change instead of the status quo response they generate by computer!!! Good luck and hang in there, the prize is within reach!!!