Interactive ESL site on CFL???

my wife is taking classes now in preparation for coming to our home in Virginia, and studies very hard every day, and when we talk, I readily correct her misprounation, she thanks me every time!!

142939[/snapback]

She does now---but-get back with me after she has been here for a year or so. Guess who will be getting corrected then!?!?!?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea. I am hanging in both 001 and CFL since my finance is too busy with his work and music projects to spare time on internet while most of my work has to be done via computer and by surfing the internet.

Both websites provide me with great advice: CFL is more technical and 001 is more emotional as far as I observe.

Based on my experience of learning English as a foreign language progressively for 14 years since I entered high school, here are my two cents:

English, as any other foreign language, needs systematic training and repetitive practice other than chatting and posting on internet, especially in terms of learning standard or formal English.(perhaps cliche)

Yet it would be wonderful if CFL could establish an interactive platform between us ESL learners to encourage each other, compare progress and exchange learning methods and materials with the support and advice from your kind gentlemen as native speakers.

A ESL platform will benefit us who will marry Americans and will probably study, work, raise children in the states, all of which require some degree of English proficiency, unless most Americans begin to speak Chinese one day. But before that day, we "very practical" Chinese ladies have a long road to go...

Thanks for the comments. It seems you have already gone a long way in your English studies. Anything we do here for ESL would be supplementary and more along the line of American usage and native user help with explanations. This is important since class language is often book style which in all countries differs from common usage. Street talk that someone would encounter when here is almost a totally different language. Even natives of different cultural/economic/regional backgrounds have trouble with that.

I think it was a sign of good luck that your application was received on my birthday. Best of luck and I hope the process moves quickly for you.

Even natives of different cultural/economic/regional backgrounds have trouble with that.

I think it was a sign of good luck that your application was received on my birthday. Best of luck and I hope the process moves quickly for you.

143076[/snapback]

yeah, very true. More trouble for us non-natives especially if different accents are considered. I have walked a long way along the road of studying English(mostly study for my English exams,hehe.) I guess that's two different concepts especially when Chinese English exams seemingly tend to test one more on grammar and reading abilities other than the ability to use it in real life.

But it is surprising and happy to see many young Chinese kids in Beijing(I am not sure about other cities) can speak more fluent English than me who persistently learn it much longer than them. Thanks a lot to creating more English-speaking environment at school and more interactive English teaching methods, I guess.

Anyway, my point is: sooooo happy to emark on CFL journey formally from yesterday with my NOA1 arrivied~~ :greenblob: :greenblob:

Anyway, my point is: sooooo happy to emark on CFL journey formally from yesterday with my NOA1 arrivied~~  :D  :D

143105[/snapback]

:D That's the first major step, I hope the rest of it is Smooth and Quick :D