Big thanks to Frank and Jingwen

Huge thanks to Frank and Jingwen for welcoming our dysfunctional family unit to Atlanta. Jingwen cooked one of the absolute best Chinese seafood meals that have ever been devoured by me. WAY TOO GOOD!!!

The Frankster and I solved all the worlds problems in an evening and Frank forced us to go to a dim sum restaurant the next morning that rivals any food I have ever eaten in China.

Frank and Jingwen and family are just plane good people--'nuff said-thanks ya'll

If the rest of you get a CHANCE TO SPEND TIME WITH OTHER CFL COUPLES DO SO--IT IS ALWAYS GREAT TO SHARE EXPERIENCES AND DETERMMINE IF YOUR WIVES ARE REALLY CLONES. (damned caps locks again)

Anyway, Fang Ling is now doing the traditional comparison between me and "Jingwen Husband" as always I'm losing--hell, how can I compete with a man who has a job??

Thanks Frank and Jingwen!!!!!!!!

Off topic but not restricted?

Trigg I'll agree with you that CFLers are a good bunch of people. Meeting in person has so far only confirmed good impressions gained on the net. We may differ in many ways but our China connection gives us a sense of community that few outsiders understand.

Well then maybe culture and language. Seeing the importance of meeting others in the same situation has to do with the entire process, in my opinion it's important and pertenant stuff--Where do you think it shoub be??

142334[/snapback]

Yes, I think Culture and Languages is a better place. But you can move it later when more people read it from here. Guests cannot see the threads in PC. You decide since you started the topic.

Our Stories

I have gotten same impression of the candle family!!! some phone calls, pm's, and offline chats!!!

nice post trigg!!

Our Stories

I have gotten same impression of the candle family!!!  some phone calls, pm's, and offline chats!!! 

nice post trigg!!

142349[/snapback]

Seeriously Hank, if given the oportunity to meet with other couples in the same situation--DO SO. it is always very enlightening and insightfull. Thats why these get togethers are so important to everyone. I used to think my wife was a little 'crazy' but after having met with several of our CFL brethren i have decide she is a normal Chinese woman and that all the american men here are the crazy ones!

Our Stories

I have gotten same impression of the candle family!!!  some phone calls, pm's, and offline chats!!! 

nice post trigg!!

142349[/snapback]

Seeriously Hank, if given the oportunity to meet with other couples in the same situation--DO SO. it is always very enlightening and insightfull. Thats why these get togethers are so important to everyone. I used to think my wife was a little 'crazy' but after having met with several of our CFL brethren i have decide she is a normal Chinese woman and that all the american men here are the crazy ones!

142351[/snapback]

That is my plan, I have already contacted several of our CFL family members to try and arrange this, and will see Bill and his wife when I go to Shanghai in November.... Thanks for the encouragement, and don't forget to duck some of those mop swings...

remember what Willie says, "being crazy is what has kept me from going insane"

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)