693 Vaccination Supplement

We filed for AOS and got an RFE for the 693 supplement. I have been calling several civil surgeons and so far, all want to do a complete physical. I know this is not required and they are trying to get as much money as possible. I live in upper East TN. and if necessary, will drive to Nashville but would like to find somewhere closer. Maybe Trigg can offer a suggestion, I hope! Still calling and trying to find one that is honest. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.

Chuck

Nashville is a long long way to go but yes, you can get the vac supplement here. There is a list of civil surgeons on the UCIS website that should be closer than you. The one I found here costs 90$ and that includes all shots needed if any.

I'll look for his name and number later if ya still need it.

Usually if you bypass the receptionist and go directly to the nurse you can get them to understand that you don't need the full physical.

Of course should you decide to come to Nashville it is required that you stop in beautiful downtown white house and witness the mop slapping first hand.

OK, if you need the number let me know. I think they are only there two days a week. the other cicil surgeon insisted on the entire physical at $525 dollar-d'ya think maybe they need to have some kinda regulations??? I'm suprized that Knoxville doesn't have any of them??!!

Usually if you bypass the receptionist and go directly to the nurse you can get them to understand that you don't need the full physical.

Trigg gave some excellent advice. Yes, please ask for the nurse and explain it to them.

Depending on what shots are needed, you can get them at your city/county health department almost for free!

Roanoke has only one Civil Surgeon. I'm tired of "fighting the good fight" so I just went along. The complete thing was $178.

Now if it were $500 or over, I would have to retract that previous statement about the good fight and all that righteous crap!.........:)

-good luck

Chuck: I would bring along a print out from the USCIS pages that say your fiancee received an exam prior to coming to the US and only needs the supplamental list checked off. I drove an hour to go to a civil surgeon when there were 3 of them about 10 minutes away from my house for the same reasons you mentioned in your first post. Even so, the receptionist knew the rules but I had to persuade the doctor all over again.

Bring a mop just in case!!!! :greenblob:

Went to the civil surgeon this morning and all went very well. They knew exactly what was needed. I handed over her passport and vaccination records from China, gave them $50 and walked out with the sealed envelope and a copy of the supplement form. All was finished in about 30 minutes. Already sent back to Homeland security so just awaiting an interview date now. Fingerprints and everything else are done. Now we can relax for a while. Thanks for all the support.

Chuck and Shuping

Went to the civil surgeon this morning and all went very well. They knew exactly what was needed. I handed over her passport and vaccination records from China, gave them $50 and walked out with the sealed envelope and a copy of the supplement form. All was finished in about 30 minutes. Already sent back to Homeland security so just awaiting an interview date now. Fingerprints and everything else are done. Now we can relax for a while. Thanks for all the support.

Chuck and Shuping

142787[/snapback]

Is there a list of required vaccinations? aside from the familiar childhood vaccinations are there any exotic ones.. I don't want to turn her into a pincushion.

My SO didn't bring her vaccination record from China... So she will have a pretty sore arm.. Am I right in assuming that I can goto my family physician to get the shots and then just have the civil surgeon.

I called one CS office here in Boston area...and they want to do Physical Exam again...along with TB test... I told them she had exam in China. SHe said Oh we can't rely on Chinese Dr... Also she will fail TB test as she had vaccination for TB as a child.. so they'll have to do a chest x-ray..oh what a racket they have going... I will keep calling CS till I find one that knows how things work.

Thanks

Keith