I wanted to add a CR1 section because I am getting really confused when I read a lot of the posts since I am not a K-1 Visa. I have been living in China for 1.5 years and met my wife a year before I moved to China.

I saw someone mention something about a $65 fee for form I-864? I looked up the UCIS website about fees and I do not see any fee associated with the I-864 affadivit of support. Anyone know where the $65 came from?

Edited by Toad (see edit history)

Hi Toad.. welcome to CFL !

Tell us some more.. where did you file, in US or a consulate in China?

I know the P3 FAQ has the following:

A.4.1.2

I-864 (Affadavit of Support) -- for CR-1

You are going to need to sign page 6 of the I-864 in front of a public notary before you mail it in. After the DS3032 and I-864 is the DS230. Affidavit of Support(1-864) processing Fee Bill for $65.00

A CR1 member, through NVC should confirm this...

A.4.1.2

I-864 (Affadavit of Support) -- for CR-1

You are going to need to sign page 6 of the I-864 in front of a public notary before you mail it in. After the DS3032 and I-864 is the DS230. Affidavit of Support(1-864) processing Fee Bill for $65.00

Welcome Toad, you did not find the fee listed by the USCIS because it is a DOS fee for reviewing the I-864. I believe the fee has now been increased to $70.00

I filed the I-130 petition at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)office in Beijing. They forwarded info to Guangzhou.

What is DOS? I do not know the meaning of DOS, SO and some other shorthands you guys are using around here.

I sent the I-864 (notarized) to my wife and it is sealed. She has not opened it. I thought that I was not supposed to mail anything to Guangzhou. I thought she was supposed to hold on to the sealed I-864 , take it to the interview and only open it in front of interview officer on the interview day?

LanBa, where did you pay this $65 fee?

Edited by Toad (see edit history)

:blink: Welcome Aboard :lol:

DOS = Department Of State

NVC = Nation Visa Center

USCIS = United States Citizen and Immigration Services

DCF = Direct Consular File

DHS = Department of Homeland Security (Part Of DOS)

SO = Significant Other ( Wife, Fiancee )

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

Toad, I paid the $65 fee to the Dept. Of State, National Visa Center. They sent me the bill before I received the I-864 form. It sounds like you have already received the I-864, so maybe the DCF is a little different than filing here in the US? The fee is only charged if the Affidavit Of Support is reviewed domestically, here in the US.

Coming to the U.S. Permanently - Immigrant Services

Description of Service and Fee Amount

Filing an immigrant visa petition (Collected for USCIS and subject to change)

Petition, USCIS, Form I-130 to classify status of alien relative for issuance of immigrant visa: $185.00

Petition to classify orphan as an immediate relative, USCIS Form I-600 : $525.00

Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230 : $335.00

Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00

Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864 : $70.00

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Toad, I paid the $65 fee to the Dept. Of State, National Visa Center.  They sent me the bill before I received the I-864 form.  It sounds like you have already received the I-864, so maybe the DCF is a little different than filing here in the US? The fee is only charged if the Affidavit Of Support is reviewed domestically, here in the US.

Coming to the U.S. Permanently - Immigrant Services

Description of Service and Fee Amount

Filing an immigrant visa petition (Collected for USCIS and subject to change)

Petition, USCIS, Form I-130 to classify status of alien relative for issuance of immigrant visa: $185.00

Petition to classify orphan as an immediate relative, USCIS Form I-600 : $525.00

Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230 : $335.00

Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00

Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864 : $70.00

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

141530[/snapback]

Barry, It says FREE now. They must have changed something.

Yes the I-864 does not have a fee with the USCIS, but the State Department (NVC) charges you $65 to process the I-864. It probably is to pay the cost of the government paper-pusher to move your file from the inbox on one side of his desk to the outbox on the other side.

Hi Doug, well, if they eliminated the fee, it is good news for those who are following. I noticed they were still charging it on June 25th. I checked the DOS website today and they listed it as being increased from $65 to $70. It would be nice if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing.

Yes the I-864 does not have a fee with the USCIS, but the State Department (NVC) charges you $65 to process the I-864.  It probably is to pay the cost of the government paper-pusher to move your file from the inbox on one side of his desk to the outbox on the other side.

141641[/snapback]

I agree...

The form ITSELF (I-864) does not carry a fee (like a petition I-129F, I-130 or application form like DS-230) .... But NVC charges a processing fee for the domestic processing..

For DCF, it is carried to the interview by beneficiary... no Fee by post.

Welcome aboard the CFL, the flagship of immigration brotherhood (including our female members)

The I-130 Application processing fee is $185.00

The I-864 Application processing fee is $ 70.00

The DS-230 processing fee (including security fee) is $360.00

That is as far as I have gotten... good luck and keep a balance in your check book.... plus they will only accept Money Orders or Certified checks with the DOS....

Good luck and check out Candle.. it is full of information and friends you did not know you had!!!