Ok, all you smart guys out there. Now that my wife is here, is a permanent resident.. (got INS letter today yippee...) I have been thinking, I would like to bring her mother her to visit next year sometime. Since we just finished our process, I am sure it will be another year long investment of time and energy. So....

What is my first step to apply for a visitation visa for her mother? Any ideas to get me going?

Thanks...

PS.. Best of luck to our new P4's and interview CFLers....

:D

Ok, all you smart guys out there. Now that my wife is here, is a permanent resident.. (got INS letter today yippee...) I have been thinking, I would like to bring her mother her to visit next year sometime. Since we just finished our process, I am sure it will be another year long investment of time and energy. So....

What is my first step to apply for a visitation visa for her mother? Any ideas to get me going?

Thanks...

PS.. Best of luck to our new P4's and interview CFLers....

:)

141311[/snapback]

Send her a letter of invitation, along with an I-134, and have her schedule an appointment with her local embassy/conmsulate. Have her bring plenty of evidence of ties (pictures of family, evidence of employment, lease or other evidence of residence).

Hmmm yeah, ok. I am sure she can prove her ties. There has been no mention of staying at all... dont think that would be in her plans in any way... so I guess I will start this process soon... ugh.

But who knows.. in a year or two.....

:unsure:

Hmmm yeah, ok. I am sure she can prove her ties. There has been no mention of staying at all... dont think that would be in her plans in any way... so I guess I will start this process soon... ugh.

141515[/snapback]

Proving the ties is VERY important - they turn down people for this reason alone. The wait for an interview (the only wait for these visas), however, is usually on the order of a month, but with only a 25% success rate, according to stories.

This information is from Chinese friends of mine at work who have had their parents over. One, however, had his parents turned down 4 times before they finally gave up.

141515[/snapback]

Proving the ties is VERY important - they turn down people for this reason alone. The wait for an interview (the only wait for these visas), however, is usually on the order of a month, but with only a 25% success rate, according to stories.

This information is from Chinese friends of mine at work who have had their parents over. One, however, had his parents turned down 4 times before they finally gave up.

141523[/snapback]

Wow. thanks for the info. My wife comes from an influential family, so maybe that will help. But who knows.. it could be palm greasing, if you know what I mean.

:ph34r:

Have you read my posts on the subject? It seems that unless there is child in China, it will be difficult for her to get a visa. My mother-in-law is a retired surgeon with a good pension and they said she did not make enough money! They can use any excuse they want to turn people down. But the 0nly reason it is so hard are all the people who over stay visas. They don't care about other people who are trying to just visit.

Keep us posted.

Have you read my posts on the subject?  It seems that unless there is child in China, it will be difficult for her to get a visa. My mother-in-law is a retired surgeon with a good pension and they said she did not make enough money!  They can use any excuse they want to turn people down. But the 0nly reason it is so hard are all the people who over stay visas. They don't care about other people who are trying to just visit.

Keep us posted.

141642[/snapback]

?You may include the affidavit of support with your letter. She will apply for B-2 visa, and will need to show strong ties to China, to convince the VO that she will return. I believe the visa is the B-2.??The success rate is only around 25%, and you do lose the fee if turned down. I