Traveling to China

Be aware of any delays or issues produced by the following dates.. particularly traveling, medical exams, etc.

Sept 5 - Labor Day US (CONSULATE CLOSED)

Sept 9 - Kite Festival

Sept 10 - Teachers' Day

Sept 18 - Mid Autumn Festival

Oct 1-7 - National Day Golden Week (CONSULATE CLOSED 3rd-5th)

Oct 10 - Columbus Day US (CONSULATE CLOSED)

National Day week will be very heavy with travel.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Be aware of any delays or issues produced by the following dates.. particularly traveling, medical exams, etc.

Sept 5 - Labor Day US (CONSULATE CLOSED)

Sept 9 - Kite Festival

Sept 10 - Teachers' Day

Sept 18 - Mid Autumn Festival

Oct 1-7 - National Day Golden Week  (CONSULATE CLOSED 3rd-5th)

Oct 10 - Columbus Day US (CONSULATE CLOSED)

National Day week will be very heavy with travel.

141195[/snapback]

I noticed that they are OPEN on my birthday....

Have people run into problems going to China during the Christmas season? I'm tentatively planning to go in early December for 30 days.

The problem is my job jerks me around so much that I won't be able to finalize dates until a few weeks before departure ... so I could have some real airline problems.

:unsure:

Have people run into problems going to China during the Christmas season?  I'm tentatively planning to go in early December for 30 days.

The problem is my job jerks me around so much that I won't be able to finalize dates until a few weeks before departure ... so I could have some real airline problems.

:)

141236[/snapback]

Jim,

Give the holidays as much buffer as possible, as that is a heavily traveled time. Start checking the flights no later than mid-september, it will give you better idea of availability.

I'm planning on going Sept 28, arriving on the 30 and coming back on the 15th of October; looks like I may be able to squeeze in without too much trouble?

141251[/snapback]

Enjoy National week.. read up on it and know it's significance... Be prepared for lots of people off work... Have a good time !!!