Chinese TV in US

Those of us who want Chinese TV for our SO's when they get here should be aware that Dish network carries 2 of the CCTV stations (one is unfortunately in French and Spanish - very funny mix, though). CCTV9 is in english, CCTV E&F is in Spanish anf French

You may also subscribe to around 30 or 40 other Chinese stations with a seperate dish at 90 or 120 (I think it is)

Great Wall Package ($29.99/month):

ATV HOME CHANNEL (AMERICA), BEIJING TV (BTV)
CCTV-4, CCTV-9, CCTV-E&F, CCTV-ENTERTAINMENT
CCTV-OPERA, CHINA MOVIE CHANNEL (CMC), CYRTV
DRAGON TV, FUJIAN SOUTHEAST TV (SETV)
GUANGDONG SOUTHERN TV (TVS), HUNAN SATELLITE TV (HTV)
JIANGSU INTERNATIONAL CHANNEL, PACVIA TV
PHOENIX INFONEWS, PHOENIX NORTH AMERICA CHINESE CHANNEL

DirecTV or cable providers may provide similar packages - I just don't know

Those of us who want Chinese TV for our SO's when they get here should be aware that Dish network carries 2 of the CCTV stations (one is unfortunately in French and Spanish - very funny mix, though). CCTV9 is in english, CCTV E&F is in Spanish anf French

You may also subscribe to around 30 or 40 other Chinese stations with a seperate dish at 90 or 120 (I think it is)

Great Wall Package ($29.99/month):

ATV HOME CHANNEL (AMERICA), BEIJING TV (BTV)

CCTV-4, CCTV-9, CCTV-E&F, CCTV-ENTERTAINMENT

CCTV-OPERA, CHINA MOVIE CHANNEL (CMC), CYRTV

DRAGON TV, FUJIAN SOUTHEAST TV (SETV)

GUANGDONG SOUTHERN TV (TVS), HUNAN SATELLITE TV (HTV)

JIANGSU INTERNATIONAL CHANNEL, PACVIA TV

PHOENIX INFONEWS, PHOENIX NORTH AMERICA CHINESE CHANNEL

DirecTV or cable providers may provide similar packages - I just don't know

139702[/snapback]

Randy,

I just checked my Dish Network package, couldn't find the offering.... I think it would be great to have that available for our new ones as they arrive to help the transition and perhaps keep from being frustrated so easily due to having the new language coming at them constantly....

good post!!!!

[Randy,

I just checked my Dish Network package, couldn't find the offering....  I think it would be great to have that available for our new ones as they arrive to help the transition and perhaps keep from being frustrated so easily due to having the new language coming at them constantly....

good post!!!!

139705[/snapback]

Hank - CCTV9 IS ON CHANNEL 265, CCTV E&F is 884, if you haven't found them yet

[Randy,

I just checked my Dish Network package, couldn't find the offering....  I think it would be great to have that available for our new ones as they arrive to help the transition and perhaps keep from being frustrated so easily due to having the new language coming at them constantly....

good post!!!!

139705[/snapback]

Hank - CCTV9 IS ON CHANNEL 265, CCTV E&F is 884, if you haven't found them yet

139745[/snapback]

Randy, I have them both.... thanks!!

Interestingly ... or maybe not ... my local cable provider (Adelphia, Southern Cali) provides CCTV 9 as part of their "Digital Basic" package. I would have thought that it would be in "Plus" or "Premium" but then maybe the GOC charges little or nothing for the feed as they promote their viewpoint around the world (no judgement on this from me).

I note that CCTV 9 is not synched around the world. What is playing here in Cali is not what's on in China at the same time. I haven't checked if it's just time delay or a whole different program set ... maybe that would be interesting to do.

In the International Premium catagory Adelphia offers CCTV 4, which I certainly know, and Zhong Tian. Not too sure what ZT is??? I know it's in Mandarin but my googling does not lead me to who is behind ZT. :)

I think Carl (warpedbored) posted a link a while back that allows you to watch Chines TV via the internet.  Here is one such link:  http://www.wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://www...levision/44.htm

139954[/snapback]

Frank, great info... thanks for passing on Carls link. I will save it for my wife's arrival.