Is it official, did I screw up by not sending in the 129f after learning about K3. I checked yesterday as usuall. CSC updated, wow twice in two weeks! 129f jumped ahead almost a month.

When I started this, CSC I130 feb14. 129f only a few days ahead. Two weeks went by, they both moved forward about 4 days. Two more weeks, I-130 moved to Feb. 28. 129f still a few days ahead.

Then nothing for two months. By now I found out about K3. Made an educated dicision not to file 129f. Now as of last two weeks, I-130 moved ahead 1 week. 129f moving extremly fast.

Two weeks ago, 129f moved ahead of when I could have sent one in. Now I wonder if I should just send one in. They are processing cases they recieved just over 1 month ago.

PS

Where can I line up for several of those mop slaps?

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it official, did I screw up by not sending in the 129f after learning about K3. I checked yesterday as usuall.  CSC updated, wow twice in two weeks!  129f jumped ahead almost a month.

When I started this, CSC I130 feb14. 129f only a few days ahead.  Two weeks went by, they both moved forward about 4 days.  Two more weeks, I-130 moved to Feb. 28.  129f still a few days ahead.

Then nothing for two months. By now I found out about K3.  Made an educated dicision not to file 129f. Now as of last two weeks, I-130 moved ahead 1 week.  129f moving extremly fast.

Two weeks ago, 129f moved ahead of when I could have sent one in. Now I wonder if I should just send one in.  They are processing cases they recieved just over 1 month ago.

139160[/snapback]

decisions ..... decisions..... I keep pondering this question, but I feel I am so close to DOS sending my stuff to GUZ within a few weeks....... not sure if I would benefit!!!! good post!

Is it official, did I screw up by not sending in the 129f after learning about K3. I checked yesterday as usuall.  CSC updated, wow twice in two weeks!  129f jumped ahead almost a month.

When I started this, CSC I130 feb14. 129f only a few days ahead.  Two weeks went by, they both moved forward about 4 days.  Two more weeks, I-130 moved to Feb. 28.  129f still a few days ahead.

Then nothing for two months. By now I found out about K3.  Made an educated dicision not to file 129f. Now as of last two weeks, I-130 moved ahead 1 week.  129f moving extremly fast.

Two weeks ago, 129f moved ahead of when I could have sent one in. Now I wonder if I should just send one in.  They are processing cases they recieved just over 1 month ago.

139160[/snapback]

decisions ..... decisions..... I keep pondering this question, but I feel I am so close to DOS sending my stuff to GUZ within a few weeks....... not sure if I would benefit!!!! good post!

139161[/snapback]

Hank, you're looking great, as far as your timeline. This is why I am concerned. It's been about 108 days since NOA1. Talk about having an anxiety attack :blink: All the while, I have been telling my wife not to worry.

139160[/snapback]

139161[/snapback]

Hank, you're looking great, as far as your timeline. This is why I am concerned. It's been about 108 days since NOA1. Talk about having an anxiety attack :blink: All the while, I have been telling my wife not to worry.

139164[/snapback]

don't limit your compliments to my timeline... you burst my bubble......

you are doing the right thing in telling your wife not to worry, it will happen, I am sure... it seems we guys are the basket cases...... good thing we found good women to keep us squared away....

good luck to you and your SO and keep the faith!!!!

by the way, I liked your post back in June on the constitutional question.... it got some good responses

PS

Where can I line up for several of those mop slaps?

139160[/snapback]

We're in the same boat my brother. Here we go and actually marry, now we're all in for the punish phase. It really pisses me off. Back to writing the President!

Here's a question for the K3 vs CR1 experts.. 

I read on VJ that once your I-130 petition is approved you cannot submit the I-129F .. that seems absurd to me... Anyone know if you can submit after approval ?

139179[/snapback]

It is written in the Federal Register that if the I-130 reaches post before the I-129F then the I-130 will take precedence over the I-129F. If the I-130 reaches post after the I-129F, the petitioner/beneficiary can drop the I-129F or they can continue the I-129F for the K3 visa.

I read on VJ that once your I-130 petition is approved you cannot submit the I-129F .. that seems absurd to me...   Anyone know if you can submit after approval ?

139179[/snapback]

It is written in the Federal Register that if the I-130 reaches post before the I-129F then the I-130 will take precedence over the I-129F. If the I-130 reaches post after the I-129F, the petitioner/beneficiary can drop the I-129F or they can continue the I-129F for the K3 visa.

139186[/snapback]

but I don't see you state anything about prohibition...

One could submit the I-129F , say late in the game.. and just hope it quickly gets to post and only then could you utilize it, yes?

That would be my concern, my I-130 hasn't been approved, not even touched, since 4/04/05. Now all at once, they are approving 129f at a rocket fast pace. By the way, congrats to everyone that filed 129f recently. They are almost caught up as fast as you can send them in. But haven't moved forward much on the cr1.

Can anyone explain the logic of this question between the I-129f and I-130? why does the I-129f seem to rock and roll, while the I-130 sleeps?

I would diffinetly suggest to anyone new in here if you have not learned of the 129f, for the K3, do it. It is misleading on the official USCIS site. ON their forms list, it dosen't have K3. You have to look in one more page deeper. As if someone just starting this process would know to look under fiance visa, to bring their wife here.

I read on VJ that once your I-130 petition is approved you cannot submit the I-129F .. that seems absurd to me...   Anyone know if you can submit after approval ?

139179[/snapback]

139186[/snapback]

One could submit the I-129F , say late in the game.. and just hope it quickly gets to post and only then could you utilize it, yes?

139189[/snapback]

I only stated what's written in the Federal Register concerning the K3 visa and it doesn't mention anything about being prohibited. One has to think about what a K3 visa is and what it is for.

139179[/snapback]

139186[/snapback]

139189[/snapback]

I only stated what's written in the Federal Register concerning the K3 visa and it doesn't mention anything about being prohibited. One has to think about what a K3 visa is and what it is for.

139204[/snapback]

On VJ, they are telling people outright, you are not allowed to file for the I-129F petition once the I-130 is approved.. They did not go as far as mention whether at post or not.. but I that is next step..