Medical Examination in US??

I have been getting conflicting reports about the medical examination. WeiQin had her examination in March of 2005 before she came to China. She gave the sealed envelope to the person when she arrived in the US in Seattle. I have read that she does not need another examination since she already had one. The paper I got from our local office says we have to submit form I-693 and that we MUST contact a doctor on the approved list. I called a doctor on the list and they told me she will need to have two visits and it would be the full examination.

Does she really have to go thru all that again?

We do need to get a vaccination suppliment, she has no record of her vaccinations.

Please help, thanx,

Jim

I have been getting conflicting reports about the medical examination. WeiQin had her examination in March of 2005 before she came to China. She gave the sealed envelope to the person when she arrived in the US in Seattle. I have read that she does not need another examination since she already had one. The paper I got from our local office says we have to submit form I-693 and that we MUST contact a doctor on the approved list. I called a doctor on the list and they told me she will need to have two visits and it would be the full examination.

Does she really have to go thru all that again?

We do need to get a vaccination suppliment, she has no record of her vaccinations.

Please help, thanx,

Jim

138576[/snapback]

No she doesn't. Another medical exam is not required for a K visa AOS applicant unless her exam is more than one year old at the time of filing. She does however need an I-693 supplimental for vacinations that only a civil surgeon can provide. Some civil surgeons will try to tell you you need the whole exam. They are just trying to get more of your money. Call around until you find one who will just give you the vaccinations or sign off on the vaccinations she had elsewhere.

Since this is a federal issue it need not be a civil surgeon in your area. If you can't find one in Yakima it isn't that far to Portland. I can recomend one that will give you what you need for a nominal fee if she has already had the vaccinations.

Since this is a federal issue it need not be a civil surgeon in your area.  If you can't find one in Yakima it isn't that far to Portland.  I can recomend one that will give you what you need for a nominal fee if she has already had the vaccinations.

138680[/snapback]

Thanx Carl, I will check some other cities that are close by. If not, then Portland is option. She does noty have record of vaccinations from her childhood. So she will need to get some again.

You can get the vaccinations from a civil surgeon or have them done through your company medical plan and take the records to a civil surgeon to sign off on. There is usually a nominal fee of 25-50 dollars to have the civil surgeon sign off on them.