Comment about the USCIS Helpline

I just want to blow off some steam. After calling the USCIS helpline and waiting on hold for over an hour, the lady that answered told me that she could not help me and needed to transfer my call. Then she dropped my call.

Upon trying to call back, I get the message that "due to heavy call volume" I should call back another day. Then they hung up!

Where does the incompetence end? :greenblob:

Edited by Cody (see edit history)

Cody, I feel your pain. I had similar experiences. Even if you were finally lucky enough to speak to a human being, they might have given you incorrect information. Some cfl members have had the good fortune to connect with helpful and reliable telephone representatives. Hopefully, you will have better luck next time! :D

The only time I have received ANY helpful information was when I successfully convinced the gate keeper with enough information and questions to get transfered to an Immigration Officer. :D

I had to jump in on this one. The only somewhat reliable information will come from an immigration officer. GOOD LUCK trying to get through to one. Just keep blabbing away and calling back eventually a US government worker might care... you think you were in China. hehehe

Guest ShaQuaNew
I just want to blow off some steam.  After calling the USCIS helpline and waiting on hold for over an hour, the lady that answered told me that she could not help me and needed to transfer my call.  Then she dropped my call. 

Upon trying to call back, I get the message that "due to heavy call volume" I should call back another day.  Then they hung up!

Where does the incompetence end? :rolleyes:

138063[/snapback]

To coin the phrase of one of my favorite financial radio hosts:

Rather than calling it Customer Service, we should all use the term:

Customer No-Service

Truth is we all have to learn new and creative ways to get what we want from just about any US Business.....pity really...

I just want to blow off some steam.  After calling the USCIS helpline and waiting on hold for over an hour, the lady that answered told me that she could not help me and needed to transfer my call.  Then she dropped my call. 

Upon trying to call back, I get the message that "due to heavy call volume" I should call back another day.  Then they hung up!

Where does the incompetence end? :angry:

138063[/snapback]

I don't envy you a bit, Cody!.............:lol:

You go right ahead and vent!

CIS has a way of doing that to people!.........:P