Does My Wife Need a Full Medical Exam?

We had to get the another medical exam because we live in VA. USCIS requested it. You need to call USCIS and tell them what your postal code is or check with your local immigration office to be safe. If it is required and you do not send it in you will get the friendly little yellow slip that will tell you that you have 87 days to get the exam by a civil surgeon and send it back in with the yellow slip. Sometimes appointments are 2 months in advance if they are really backed up.

My wife had a full medical exam with her K-1 Visa, and even has the X-rays that were taken for her visa.  Does she need to get a full medical exam again to fulfill the requirements of the I-693?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  :greenblob:

138057[/snapback]

K-1s only need the vaccination supplement. Sometimes it's hard to find a civil surgeon who knows that.

138062[/snapback]

You can go to any of the civil surgeons that are listed on the USCIS website, not just the one in your zip code. I strongly recommend calling 3 or 4 of them until you find one that is not shot happy!! I was told she would need from 1 to 6 shots by different civil surgeons for the same I-693!!!

I think most of the Civil Surgeons know the rules. They are hoping that you don't. They would much rather pull in 5 or 6 hundred dollars for a full exam and few vaccinations that 50 or 60 dollars for a signature on a vaccination supplement. :D

My wife had a full medical exam with her K-1 Visa, and even has the X-rays that were taken for her visa.  Does she need to get a full medical exam again to fulfill the requirements of the I-693?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  :lol:

138057[/snapback]

It really all depends. The advice given by others here is all good advice. You need to see what the doctors near you have to say and what price they will charge.

Any records of the shots you have is a plus.

Just try to find the best doctor at the best price.

-good luck