Interview/P3 Lists for the month of July 2005

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to DOS woman today she said that GZ used namecheck completion date to start the timer. Don't know if she was making this up to deal with an unhappy camper or if its true. Not many post namecheck date

142753[/snapback]

I think there are a few possible scenarios that are feasible:

1) Name check starts timer

2) P3 received back to GUZ starts timer

3) P3 send from GUZ starts timer

4) Consulate receives petition starts timer

I did my own personal look at this, using just those around me since I could then try to see based on my own predicted interview dates for this group, which seemed to be most reasonable scenario.

I had heard from a DOS person that "once the consulate receives the petition, you are eligible for an interview".

This seems a reasonable thought as everything from this point forward will happen in an expected time frame (assumes normally namecheck duration and P3 is returned quickly).

But if any one of the other items is delayed, then this cannot really be the timer (or the timer is reset by the next completed step).

At one point, I was willing to consider that namecheck is possibly starting the timer... but after a little evaluation, this seemed to me to be only true if the namecheck was longer than expected... for those people, they are outside the average at that point anyway... and some do not have a namecheck done.

Based on the predictions I made, and I was within two days of many people... I concluded that while the petition received by GUZ may start some timer(s), the best and easiest indicator is the P3 sent date by GUZ... only because more people appear to post the sent date from GUZ than the date on the P3 paper.

All my evaluation did was to confirm what nooneufo has always stated and asked for (consistent data point provided for predictions).

I personally think that all predictions should use the same reference point.. (whether P3 sent from GUZ or P3 returned to GUZ or date on P3 paper). right now, some might be based on any one of these... This leads to date ranges between the reference and interview as not really equally comparable...

If someone doesn't post a reference date that we want, then I say they just don't get put into the prediction table until they provide it or put it in the timeline.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
David, what was your namecheck complete date? Your timeline is almost  like mine.

142771[/snapback]

I got an email on 5/6 (friday) stating the 'clearance was just finished'... So sometime that week.

My SOs name is uncommon and so the probably 1 month or less of namecheck was fast... possibly started before they got back the P3 from us.

David, what was your namecheck complete date? Your timeline is almost  like mine.

142771[/snapback]

What are your P3 date(s) ? Sent by GUZ, received, returned, entered ?

142774[/snapback]

P3 returned and received in Guangzhou by March 28th as verified by the email from them.

the namecheck completed may 16th as verified by DOS

142771[/snapback]

I got an email on 5/6 (friday) stating the 'clearance was just finished'... So sometime that week.

My SOs name is uncommon and so the probably 1 month or less of namecheck was fast... possibly started before they got back the P3 from us.

142773[/snapback]

My namecheck wasnt completed until 3 weeks after yours. Jenny has a very common last name.

Also got an email from GZ today. Jenny had sent a long letter stating all the cases with P3 dates after ours that have gotten interviews. There was a one line reply this time - "namecheck not completed until end of May"

So two independent sources have told me today that namecheck is a key indicator

142771[/snapback]

142773[/snapback]

My namecheck wasnt completed until 3 weeks after yours. Jenny has a very common last name.

Also got an email from GZ today. Jenny had sent a long letter stating all the cases with P3 dates after ours that have gotten interviews. There was a one line reply this time - "namecheck not completed until end of May"

So two independent sources have told me today that namecheck is a key indicator

142789[/snapback]

most last names are invariably common as there are really only about 200 (?)...

My SOs family name is YANG... Extremely common... but in combination with the given name then it is uncommon.

pkfops didn't have a namecheck with same P3 as me.. yet 20 days after me for interview.

I think those who have some delay on something might not fall into the average anymore... You requested a second P3 so how do we know that didn't do anything? Maybe that delayed the start of the namecheck?

hang in there... tell jenny we're thinking of her too !

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

my email from guanzhou in april said i was in line, waiting for interview date, but when i asked when the 2nd namecheck was done-- just a few days ago--i was told it was complete may 16.

i think it must be that until the namecheck is done, you arent in line even tho the canned response says so.

this would make sense and probably would be a better measure of interview dates. i was relying on the date of the P3, but it obviously had nothing to do with the interview date.

I still think that if the namecheck and P3 return in an expected time, then P3 date is fine to use... as is in most cases.

There may be some adjustments that can/should be made based on slightly longer namechecks (?).

I think that from a prediction point of view, if we relied on namecheck date, we would have very few people in the list as some don't get it and it's very hard to get it reliably.

At least three DOS people told me there was NO NAMECHECK COMPLETION date for me. So, I can only go by the fact that I coincidentially sent GUZ an email at the same time it was done. Based on my namecheck being done quickly, I can reliably use the P3 date.

when all this is done maybe i'll take some time and explore the process a little better.

i still think the interview date will be pretty soon based on the folks getting their dates.

for sure your estimates have been of great help and encouragement when i need something solid to measure with.

:D

February..Carl..................07/21/05..01/06/06...02/16/06...210....169...CR1

Thanks, it is great to finally see my name among those who are waiting. But because of the recent death of Ying's son, once our case is entered into GZ's computer, I am planning on exerting some pressure on Senator Jim Cornyn, Congressman Henry Bonilla and Secretary Maura Harty to see if they could possibly expedite her visa due to extenuating circumstances.

The other day when we was talking online she told me that while she was cleaning her house she found a small ball that he liked to play with. It brought back all the memories of that sad day crashing back and were had to console each other all over again. I feel that the sooner she gets away from all those constant reminders she and I will be better able to deal with our grief, and get back to building our lives together.

I hope you all don't think less of me because of this, but I am thinking of her well being.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)