I-864 Pain In The Buttocks

This form makes no sense!

In Section 4.D, they ask me to fill in the following question:

Minimum income requirement from the Poverty Guidelines chart for the year of _______________ is $_____________ for this household size.

Why would they ask me such an insane question? :lol: Shouldn't they know what their own guidelines are?

The chart that they include with the form lists 2003 Poverty Guidelines.

So should I fill in the guidelines for 2003 or should I try to look up some more recent guideline? Was a guideline even published for 2005?

I'm so sick of looking at this form... especially after I filled out an affidavit of Support for the K-1 Visa. It's such a waste of time and paper. Our Government needs to get its act together. Sorry about the ranting, but I'm so pissed after everything that they've put me and all of us through. I'm wondering if our whole government is run by a combination of idiots with lawyers.

I just filled out another one for the NVC, the latest guidelines are 2005. if you PM me, and tell me your household size, I will give you the numbers you need.

Government workers are really too busy to look up these things. So they need your help to make the process go faster. Also I think they dropped chart reading from the clerks job description as it narrowed the applicant field too much.

All you can ever do when government says hop is hope it was high enough to satisfy.

And I still haven't started the after arrival stuff. I need it at that point right, as K-1? :P

Good luck to all at this stage and congratulations to the many already through it.

Government workers are really too busy to look up these things. So they need your help to make the process go faster. Also I think they dropped chart reading from the clerks job description as it narrowed the applicant field too much.

All you can ever do when government says hop is hope it was high enough to satisfy.

And I still haven't started the after arrival stuff. I need it at that point right, as K-1? :P

Good luck to all at this stage and congratulations to the many already through it.

137158[/snapback]

Yep, yet another set of forms.

I didn't see anything specific on AOS here so you might want to go to VJ and take a look at their guide for AOS.

Then you need to decide if you want to apply for AP and EAD. I have mixed emotions on these but based on the worst time frame for AOS I figure I'll file everything because I do love to go down to Cozumel for diving and she might get a bit bent if I left her home and went to sunny Mexico in the middle of winter. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Minimum income requirement from the Poverty Guidelines chart for the year of _______________ is $_____________ for this household size.

Why would they ask me such an insane question? :P  Shouldn't they know what their own guidelines are?

So should I fill in the guidelines for 2003 or should I try to look up some more recent guideline?  Was a guideline even published for 2005?

I'm so sick of looking at this form... especially after I filled out an affidavit of Support for the K-1 Visa.  It's such a waste of time and paper.  Our Government needs to get its act together.  Sorry about the ranting, but I'm so pissed after everything that they've put me and all of us through.  I'm wondering if our whole government is run by a combination of idiots with lawyers.

137051[/snapback]

Just idiots.

Why would they ask me such an insane question?   :)  Shouldn't they know what their own guidelines are?

So should I fill in the guidelines for 2003 or should I try to look up some more recent guideline?  Was a guideline even published for 2005?

I'm so sick of looking at this form... especially after I filled out an affidavit of Support for the K-1 Visa.  It's such a waste of time and paper.  Our Government needs to get its act together.  Sorry about the ranting, but I'm so pissed after everything that they've put me and all of us through.  I'm wondering if our whole government is run by a combination of idiots with lawyers.

137051[/snapback]

Just idiots.

142814[/snapback]

Actually they are not idiots, this is a legal document required by the goverment as a guarantee. The part where you claim you are elgibility to be a sponsor and meet the legal requirement. As a binding Affidavit no changes are allowed after it has been executed by your notarized signature.

Nothing different on this than signing loan papers or anything else that is considered legally binding.

Why would they ask me such an insane question?   :)  Shouldn't they know what their own guidelines are?

137051[/snapback]

You are going to have a very hard time with the rest of process. As is stated above, the Affidavit with the I-485 is contractual obligation. There is a major difference here. Do your homework before you bitch.

You ain't done yet and you had better relax and get ready to do whatever you have to do.

The only difference is that she is here and they won't send her back. Other than that, think GZ X 2, my friend.

It just might get worse.

Edited by Stats (see edit history)

Hell, I have filled out four of them already with one of them costing me $65! I expect I will have to fill out a fifth one for when my stepdaughte'r AOS appointment comes along.

At first, being a stickler over perfection, I HAD to have the notary's seal embossed on the I-864 but at the end I didn't care about that anymore. Just sign saying you saw me sign..... :o

Why would they ask me such an insane question?   :o  Shouldn't they know what their own guidelines are?

137051[/snapback]

Just idiots.

142814[/snapback]

Actually the lawyers created this mess in Congress. Ever peruse the US Tax Code? Even God didn't need so many words

The newest guidelines are 2005

As a famous philosopher once said "What, me worry?"

Just jump through any hoop they hold up and everything is fine.

Don I liked that candy bar story. I hope I remember it the next time it would come in handy.

The affidavits of support are just that, signed guarantees that the person wont be a burden on the government. Pure and simple. About the clearest thing we see in the whole process.